My Daily Reminder.

DSCF1524.jpg

Every Morning when i come down stairs, i only have to look on my wall and i have this print, taken from the original painted for my brother by the local artist, i can't read the signiture but it looks like PEG. Can you guess where it is?and have you got a reminder of your origins?

Yup, I thought it was easy really!, I just wanted to put it on site, because i like it so much. Lol My next clue would have been Canon Watson!

Sorry Fynger, I'm not clever enough to go back and resize it! Can't you do it for me? thumbsup HaHar

• Upvote 1

Cliff Ton, Spot on. The artist must have been a bit further away to have got the water trough in ( i used to come flying down past the church on my roller skates,

tied on to my shoes with bits of rag and grab onto that trough for dear life) and then my pals would crash into me and we would end up a giggling mass on the floor. Of course this must have been before i discovered boys were for snogging and not skating with. slywink

PS, I wonder if the trough is in the right place, I will look next time I visit.

DSCF1524.jpg

Can you guess where it is?

Looking at my version again, I was a bit inaccurate. This is much closer - it shows the cottage in the painting, but the church spire is hidden behind the tree which has obviously grown since the artist was there.

church2-1.jpg

• Upvote 4

fch782c, Thank you for the image,

I can't quite work out where the Picture of the church was taken from. I can make out what looks like fields in front of where the photographer would be standing, so would it be somewhere up the top of Arnold Lane or the other way and looking down from where I remember the Woods, over Greenies fields or one last angle from the top end of the 'Pit Estate'?

Is that Shearing Hill off to the right?

It's 46 years since I've been there.

Paternal grand parents lived on Burton Road/Main Street iin the late 1940s till 1959 then to Celia Drive off Carlton Hill

Thank you to you all for the interest you have shown, That picture means such a lot to me, I glance at it often through the day, even now as i type this post. Soppy B...er mi Dad would say. Lol :rolleyes: :)

• Upvote 2

This is a more difficult one , in fact I would say virtually impossible to guess as their aren't many clues .

Its a copy of a water colour my brother did a few years ago and hangs at the bottom of our stairs , so like Carni , I see it everyday.

I can't find a photograph of this place from this angle but will say (in case you can't make it out) , its barges moored on the river and some boats in a yard in front of the building . Any ideas ?

11124075036_ab613824a5_b.jpg

Blimey Andy very good .

Its Gunthorpe Lock , though from memory, its the view,standing from the side of the lock , looking through the trees to the river .

Well definitely the place but the view in the painting is looking through the trees on the right I think .

I havent been for a few years so it's a bit hazy and have looked through numerous online images without finding a similar view .