The last few days have been bitter, bottomed out this morning at MINUS 5 F!!!!!! Not bad to say the average low is around 28F....Yesterday it got to around 6F, not the sort of day to be outside, especially with a windchill of around minus 20!!

Shorts out Saturday, 51F forecast...LOL

Hundreds of records broken for lows all across the midwest, northern and southern states..Some places sounded like towns in Alaska with their record lows.

The world's weather has gone mad.

As Ayupmeducks says, the USA is getting a mega-freeze;

In the south west of the UK they are getting storms, massive winds, floods, and giant waves. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25633693

And yet here in Nottingham we've (so far) had the mildest winter for a long time, with no more than two or three slight frosts.

Yesterday at mid morning it was 78 f, at the same time today it was 39 f, with the wind chill. I had to wear ' winter clothing' this morning ( jeans, socks and a sweater), and put the heating on.

Dug out the duvet for tonight, the weather man says it will last for the next few days, but that will be the last of the 'Winter weather', back to seasonal weather by the week-end.

If 'they' have cracked weather manipulation,I don't think they will let us know untill we are in the grips of a 'new ice-age', then blame it on ' global warming'.

• 10 years later...
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

If it had hit Radford Road you wouldn’t have noticed!

I walked down St James's Street yesterday. Would have had the same effect there!  Never seen any area of Nottingham look so bad.

• Like 1