Gor owt Ode Like This

DSCF1536.jpg

I bought my mother in law a new one of these in 1972 and i had this old one,It must be about 45 plus years old.And do you know what it did today. I was making my royal icing and the blumin little b....r decided to fall apart into the bowl, so now not wanting to be wasteful we have a snow scene Christmas Cake complete with gravel rash.Shhhhhhh,don't split on me will you! Any one else still using a relic utensil.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, Carni. Didn't know you can get 'lectric ones. This one goes back to the middle of the last century. Handle's been stuck up with superglue a few times.

Rob.L #6 Still got the cobbler's last which was found in the father in law's shed after his passing. The wife can remember her father actually repairing shoes for the family using the last. Had t

When I finally started earning decent money I would buy my parents something nice for birthday or Christmas I could stop by by dads second hand store a week later & see it anytime.

not so much a untensil, but when i was expecting my first baby, i bought a mothercare plastic jug and lid, for mixing baby milk in. this would be in early 1972, 3 kids later and many jugs of custard, it's still in daily use.

Nothing electrical but loads of me dads old tools from the fifties - Cramps, planes etc. All with names like Stanley and Bridges (separately).

• Upvote 1

Still got most of my original hand tools I bought one at a time in the early to late 60's, sockets I bought were West German Elora brand, BS, metric and AF, open ended spanners etc...

Still got a 1/2 inch variable speed Bosch drill, can't say how many holes it's drilled,it's about 31 years old..

Missus has her kitchen centre she bought over 40 years back and still in perfect working condition..

B&D Electric drill bought in 1978/9 from Scan in Vic Centre, still going strong.

Kamasa half-inch socket set I bought in about 1980, still intact and in regular use (long after other more expensive sets have bit the dust.

Numerous tools, including Whitworth and AF spanners, that I've inherited from various people.

What I do regret is not taking the cobblers last which had been in my dad's shed. That must have been at least 100 years old and still useable, but I couldn't see any use for it myself so gave it away.

Wow, Carni. Didn't know you can get 'lectric ones. This one goes back to the middle of the last century. Handle's been stuck up with superglue a few times. :)

mixer.jpg

• Upvote 2

Rob.L #6

Still got the cobbler's last which was found in the father in law's shed after his passing.

The wife can remember her father actually repairing shoes for the family using the last.

Had the last bronzed and it is now a door stop at the front door.

• Upvote 2

When I finally started earning decent money I would buy my parents something nice for birthday or Christmas I could stop by by dads second hand store a week later & see it anytime.

• Upvote 2

Still got my parent's , cobblers last . In fact its in use at the moment , trying to stretch one of my wifes shoes !

Carni,

We've got exactly the same mixer, and even though we "invested" in a super duper Kenwood all singing all dancing food processor, don't know how too use it, so still using the original and still the greatest.

Cliff, re # 13, it was obviously you who broke into our garage and not only nicked the frozen food, but took photo's of my tool kit. Is it for some bizarre blackmail ploy ? :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Commo,

I haven't given up on it yet, Hubbs has just bought a tube off 'Araldite', so it could be up and working again later today. I also invested in a Braun super thingy bobby but i only use it occasionally, nowt like the good ode hand mixer. Alisoncc #7, I have got one of those mixers as well, not in as good condition as yours though, in fact its quite Orrible to look at, a good standby though.

thumbsup

Cliff Ton,

Your 'Work Tools' all layed out like that, just remind me of the chocolate Tool Sets Santa used to bring my Brothers when we were kids. I always wanted one but he dint bring me one cos i wuz a Gel, so i used to nick a bite when mi bruv's wont lookin. :crazy:

• Upvote 1

Up until last week, I still had a heavy duty saucepan wot I got second hand off o' Sneinton Market... for 1/6d I think.

Had one of me unscheduled nodding off periods (two hours this time) and burnt it beyond reclamation

Incidentally, that's 4 saucepans, one electric cooker, and and two kettles I've incinerated this year up to now. Tsk!

• Upvote 1

My wife has a small publication from an attic of history; 'Dr Williams' Pink Pills for Pale People'. It reads a bit like the old 'Horlicks Casebook' adverts, for those who remember them, but also includes household hints.