Tony Shepherd

Guest Lentonlad

Guest Lentonlad

I wonder if you can help me track down an old Radford lad who was a mate of mine in the 50/60s.His name is Tony Shepherd and he lived on St Peters ST near the ROSE pub.His mum used to keep the wool shop opposite BUTTERWORTH & WALKERS showroom.We were in the TA together on Triumph Rd and a couple of his mates were ,Ronnie Pope and someone named Pike.I last saw him on 26.4.67 (my daughter's birth)Hopefully you could post this on your site as some Radfordonians may shed some light for me.

!cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I know Ronnie Pope and the Pike you where looking for was Gordon Pike had two brothers Harold and Jack and sister Mary.

If you PM me i have Harold's number .

While we are on this...your post reminded me of the odd boy who used to sit at at the back of my maths class all those years ago. He really didn't have much idea at all about anything, but he used to do this trick of putting a pencil in each ear, drooling spit down his chin, waggling his head back and forth like one of those nodding dogs you sometimes see on car dashboards, and shouting out nonsensical phrases like "Rudd!" which no of us ever really understood. I think he eventually became a navvie, although he probably thinks of himself as a "project manager" or some such tosh. Thanks for the memory!