Sun Valley amusement arcade.

It was about 1966 when Sun Valley opened their amusement arcade on Lower Parliament Street. What Joy! It was like being at the seaside every day :)

My wife's mate used to work at bell Fruit and did a few stints sorting the machines at Sun Valley. that's where she met her husband who worked there. It's also where she lost him to the young girls who worked there.

• Upvote 1

when it first opened it was a bit of a hang out for a lot of the young local rockers both boys and girls went in there a few times after ice skating.

There was another arcade on either Kent Street or Rick Street (between Huntingdon St and Parliament St) that I remember visiting to play pinball in the late 1960s on the one and only time I bunked off school.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Sun Valley, but can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Any ideas?

There was another arcade on either Kent Street or Rick Street (between Huntingdon St and Parliament St) that I remember visiting to play pinball in the late 1960s on the one and only time I bunked off school.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Sun Valley, but can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Any ideas?

I remember that one, I think it was called "Play World". It was owned by Geo Akins.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It was about 1966 when Sun Valley opened their amusement arcade on Lower Parliament Street. What Joy! It was like being at the seaside every day :)

me rob perkins and john ogram used to play bingo there up stairs.... we had a bag of washers to put in bingo machines :rotfl:

• 2 years later...

Sun Valley on Lower Parliament st,was bigger than Playland- the huge Scalextric track was 'citing!!

Into Greyfriars for a bag of chips and saveloy's.

Watching the Bingo Lil's in action listening to Dave Dee......

great times.

• 1 year later...

I remember a shop near the bottom of Sneinton road called Dens or Deny's,useless info I know but it might jog a few memories

Rog

There was also an Italian restaurant in the row called Luigi’s. You could see Luigi in the kitchen cooking - always with a glass of wine in his hand. By the end of the evening Luigi was totally ratted! The food was good though and we went regularly.