6 minutes of 1974 City Centre from Youtube

Thanks for the plug. :-) Took that movie when I was a young hound back in 1974. It was on my first trip back to the UK after moving to Canada. Just a short clip from a much longer film of my kids paddling at Skeggy, playing in the garden etc. Didn't think most would be interested in that. Sure wish I'd taken more of the city though. At the time you never think it will be of any value beyond your own interests.

Very good - I noticed "Furse" electrical contractors towards the end, I bought my first car (an Austin A35) from John Furse - the man who started the company!

Thats brilliant tgc thanks i could watch um for hours.the grove cinema id forgot what that looked like well done

Thanks mate.

Ah, the Grove, when I had the job of lighting the gas lamps, I'd sneek into the projection room if John was on duty and watch the film for free - until I got caught watching an X-rated one, then they put the block on me! Huh!

I can still taste the Orange Maid suckers, they were worth payin' a bit extra for... Mmmm!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...