friday the 13th, hows your day going?

Mines abit of a mix! All my motivation has jumped out the window so the house is a mess, but a mess with toys because Iv let little one have her own way.

As I'm working a lot, I like to treat little one either when Iv not seen her much or about to not see her much, so today as I will barely see her over the weekend apart from when I'm getting ready, I took her to lunch. She had a choice of cake (costa) sandwich (subway) or burger (mcdonalds) and she chose subway. All was going well, she was so well behaved and I'm sure we must of annoyed a few people in there with our giggles and laughter. Then she got up to get something from the bag from her pushchair, turned around and slipped, ended up smacking her eyebrow on the table! When she was screaming, a couple even tutted because his wife was onthe phone :( luckily the other half was on a dinner break from work and was only next door when I called so he came to give her a cuddle and kiss before heading back.

Walking home I treated myself to a £2 Christmas scratch card and won £10!

So like I said, abit if a mix today! I wonder what will be in store at work this evening on this unlucky day...

Friday 13th wappy someones still looking for her shoe another thinks the earth isgoing to collapse and im still wandering if theres time for a haircut before theearth collapses just another friday really
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to read you have the flu MEL', hope you can shake it off soon.

Pixie, never apologize for giggling and laughing with your daughter, it's not a crime in the UK, is it?. As for the people tut-tutting, just give them a nice smile.

Andy,Fridays have all ways meant the week-end for me ------ Whoopee

• Upvote 2

Walked to get some bottles of Bitter Orange from Asda - they only had one on the shelve left.

Hobbled back home, walked to town and caught the #7 bus out to Morrisions to get some Marmite Crisps, Seasoned chips, cheapo 99p battered fish portions and some Walkers pork pies with pickle.

Got the crisps, they were out of all the others. Tsk!

My right shoe split on the way back into town, so I called in 'The Shoe Zone' to get another pair of the £9.99 shoes - they cost £12,99 now. Double Tsk!

Got home and burnt me beans.

TTFN

Gerry

Walked to get some bottles of Bitter Orange from Asda - they only had one on the shelve left.Hobbled back home, walked to town and caught the #7 bus out to Morrisions to get some Marmite Crisps, Seasoned chips, cheapo 99p battered fish portions and some Walkers pork pies with pickle.Got the crisps, they were out of all the others. Tsk!My right shoe split on the way back into town, so I called in 'The Shoe Zone' to get another pair of the £9.99 shoes - they cost £12,99 now. Double Tsk!Got home and burnt me beans.TTFNGerry

Could have been worse TGC, it could have been snowing

Don't know if this should go on the "useless info" post,or the "did you know" post but here goes:

The fear of Friday the 13th is called Paraskevidekatriaphobia

There are several sources for the superstition the most common being that there were 13 at the last supper and Judas who betrayed Jesus for the 30 pieces of silver was the 13th disciple

Jesus was crucified on a Friday

But the superstition has also been traced back to Norse mythology too, with the hero Balder being killed by the god Loki who gatecrashed a party as the 13th member. (Don't know if this was on a Friday tho!!!)

Fch782c,

Congratulations to you both and i hope you had a good celebration :)

Thanks carni, just a quiet night in with the kids what could be better

How`s this for good news! I took my memory card with 1500 photos on it. The machine (a H.P) said it could load 1000 on to a disc. 3 goes at it maximum load 50%/disc. Result they apologised profusely and it was free. On top of this they gave me a $50 gift card.

I saw some huge boxes of chocolates (European) at $15 each (4 different types) There was a single box comprising the 4 types (same weight) in box. For ease of carry I took one to the check out. She scanned it .Cost $20 (not $60 as for 4 boxes)

So what did I buy? 2 large boxes @$20 each. 2 boxes of Thornton`s fudge and 1 box of Turkish delight (from Turkey) ($2 ). Total $50 !!! Presents free gift card.

Friday 13th ?

• 1 year later...

So how has this Friday 13th been for the nottstalgians?

Not too bad for us but some of the Club Members have had their share of trials and tribulations today. Two families arrived thinking they had booked but had booked the wrong dates, not too disastrous for the first as we got them on, but the later arrivals found they could only have a pitch for tonight as we are chocca tomorrow.....it being half term and Valentines day.....so they will be hoping there is a cancellation tomorrow. The really annoying thing for them was they had misbooked by one day, we were expecting them last night and they didn't show. noblue adding all this to their journey down here in rain and through roadworks makes for a not so happy camper.