got a set some were belonged to my dad sorry would not sell them also got a set of brail domminoes and a set of triominoes all in a box together in one of my cabinets

dad was homeales champion for three years running in the 50she also played table skittles and long alley darts when they were desparate fot a player always saib being so small was a haddicap to them ashe found it hard to reach the 1.20, 30s

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I well remember the Home Ales Dominoes in the Bestwood Hotel, Bestwood Colliery when my Grandparents had it.  Just seeing the pic above brought back the smell of the bar and the sound of the 'dommy's' shuffling on the table.  My Dad went to great trouble back in the 1960s, to get hold of a set of those Dominoes, but without the Home Ales logo.  He eventually got a set, complete with the little brass 'rivets' on the playing side and all in a nice slide top wooden box.  I have no idea what happened to them.

Dominoes is still quite popular up here in the Grand Duchy of Billinge, but being uncouth Northerners, they play up to double nines.

It's similar with Darts TBH, we always played off 6 foot when I worralad, but everywhere else they need a run up like Steve Backley to get the dart into the board.

Col

• Upvote 1
  • 4 years later...
On 2/5/2017 at 11:19 AM, Annesleyred1865 said:

Reminds me of Annesley Miners Welfare  tap room

Annesley Miners Welfare Gone Now RIP   

houses now on site 

• Like 1

Beekay   

gis a game then if yo like.

WELCOME pedrino

Play you a game for them at next meet up    What do you say best of 3

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Home Ales Dominoes

Mary1947, do yo know ah ta play Triominoes then? It's not fer the faint 'earted. 

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

Annesley Miners Welfare Gone Now RIP   

houses now on site 

Serves 'em right for nicking both me back lights.