Not tried the beer but..a question about the real Castle Rock. My father told me that the Rock was used in the making of the movie " Guns Of Naverone". Anybody know if there is any truth in this?

Haha at 'bless ya' I'm curious to know whos a fan of their pubs/beers as their a different scene to other pubs iv found. And as a bottom

Bottom?? Nottingham! Based brewery, I'm sure you nottsfolk have got to he abit of a 'fan'

I used to use the Bread & Bitter at Mapperley top, but I'm going off it a bit. It's always very busy - nowt wrong with that, but the spartan furnishings and brick walls seem to bounce the noise off and make for a wall of loud babble. If I could get the same ale at a different venue I wouldn't think twice.

The staff also seem to think that 'cos they serve at a "special" pub (and I guess it was when it first opened) they're a bit special too. One or two of them (not all) seem a bit precious, as though they're doing you a favour to serve you such good ale (and it is), and they don't seem to realise they are in a service industry.

If you ring to order a table (and not just at Christmas) it's always seems to be "Well, we're very busy, I don't know whether we can fit you in. You'll just have to come up and take your chances". When you get there either it's empty, or some tables have reservation signs on them. What other restaurant do you know of that doesn't know how may tables it's got and how many of them are booked and expect you to come on the off chance of getting a table?

Customer comes first? Not at the B&B, I'm afraid!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definately a fan. When I am in Nottingham I get to the Plough in Radford when I can. That pub has the atmosphere of the old pubs I recall very fondly from the late 70s and early 80s. I adore the EPA. Pity I am usually in the car when I visit so I cant sample the beer as much as I would wish

• Upvote 1