Another Newbie Nottingham born and bred

Like Davewin just wanted to say Hi to everyone Hoping you all had a Very Merry Xmas and that you all have a Truly Prosperous New Year Have lived in Sherwood with short intervals away since 1952 Any other members from Sherwood remember when Wilkos used to be the Caravan Centre with a miniature Romany caravan on the forecourt When shopping with my gran always told her I'd like us to take it home Happy times remembering

jac47uk

Thank you Katyjay and Michael Booth for your posts much appreciated

I remember Saturday morning minors at the Metropole think it cost 6d and what fun we had. Katyjay from 1970-1983 lived on Hood Street so could well have known your sister-in-law her name wasn't Bev by any chance?

welcome to another new member nice to see new blood comming on the site means more new memories enjoy

Sorry names don't ring a bell I was born 46 but didn't move to Sherwood until I was 6 and went to Seely School on Perry Road Was Linda Mansfield Road end of Hall Street or Hood Street end? I worked at the Home Ales off-license at the corner of Mansfield Road and Hall Street in the '70's' so was Linda living on Hall Street then?

ahdo miduck,

Welcome to Nottstalga jac47uk, Hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do, I am not from Sherwood, but walked through there on my long walk home to Gedling from the Goose Fair many times in the early 1960s. As Commo says above is absolutely right..it is very addictive.

Thanks very much Commo and Carni for the warm welcomes Totally agree about the addictiveness haven't wrote too many posts as for the last 2days have been too busy reading Especially liked Topics re: Eccentrics and Trinity Square café I can remember the church and having to wait by it at the 18 bus stop

My ex and I used to go to the 'biker nights' at The Grey Goose Gedling and what fab times we had (Ruby memories)

Hi jac, my s-i-l was Mansfield Rd end of Hall St, number 9. She married in 1966, lived the first few years a few doors from #9, till they moved to Rise Park in 1972. Her brother Bob most likely was at school with you.

Sorry Jac. I joined the Beechdale dairy in Feb 1974 and after training worked relief for 3 rounds - One at the Arboretum and two at Sherwood. One of the Sherwood ones did Mansfield Road, Hood St., Hall St, Mansfield St,. and all the streets around them. The other did Cresta Gardens, Winchester and Woodthorpe Courts, Mapperley Drive, Sherwood Rise, Penarth Gardens and a few more. I was only on it for about four months when they transferred the Sherwood rounds to Meadow Lane and put me on a round at the Newly built Bestwood Park Estate. I transferred to Co-op Long Eaton Dairy shortly after that. My old head can't remember any names from Beechdale dairy.

Hi jac, my s-i-l was Mansfield Rd end of Hall St, number 9. She married in 1966, lived the first few years a few doors from #9, till they moved to Rise Park in 1972. Her brother Bob most likely was at school with you.

My sister and brother in law live down hall street..

I only did the round a couple of days a week. I can't remember the name of the roundsman I relieved but I remember he was the caretaker or churchwarden of a church on Mansfield Road in Sherwood. I remember having to carry the crates of milk up a steep hill during a snowy day because the roads were too slippery for the electric float. It might have been Fairbank gardens or something like that.

My sister and brother in law live down hall street..

If it's number 21, can they see if my Great Grandad left anything in the loft from when he and his family (including Grandad) lived there in the 1880s?

• Upvote 1