Like Ann has done , I also searched for these Paskells but nothing has shown up on either the Deaths register or on the Electoral Registers .

There could have been another divorce , indeed there is an Anthony J Paskell living in Essex with a differently named lady .

Also possible that Anthony and Stephanie went to live abroad .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the recs . However researching family history is a bit of an addiction and I'm sure it's the same for Ann , though she is a professional , working in a logical manner and I'm more of a bumb

Got in contact with andys uncles son, they dont know an awful lot about him but his mum was a stephanie harris and andys half brother was a Phillip harris if anyone knows of him, can't find him on fac

I must agree with you Michael, DAVIDW and annswaby found very valuable information for me a few months ago........ and within just a few hours. They're treasures!

Posted Images

Its a bit misleading and we can only quote what is written in the registers .

As Ann says , on the birth registration of Andrew Paul Bryant in 1970 , it gives mothers maiden surname as Harrison .

On these birth registers you aren't given the christian names of the mother . The only way to find out her first names would be to purchase Andrew Bryants birth certificate . Cost is about £10 .

It is possible that whoever transcribed the details mis-read the name .

However the wedding registration for the marriage of Malcolm Bryant also in 1970, is to Stephanie M Harris .

From the article on the previous page this marriage ended in divorce .

Stephanie M Harris second marriage in 1978 was to Anthony J Paskell thats where the Paskells name comes from .

Harris seems the more likely surname as it was used twice , 8 years apart .

• Upvote 1

Thanks DAVIDW. Yea its confusing and just had a search on facebook for a stephanie paskell with no results but then again she would be around 60+ i think. Wheres the best place to get andrews birth cert? i was quoted from ancestry.co.uk around £40 for his death cert.

Cheers

Nick

You can order the birth cert . online directly from the Government Records Office here :

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Fill in the name details you know . The birth was registered in June 1970 and the reference numbers are (volume) 3c (page) 2025

Current cost is £9.25

It might be a good idea to get the marriage cert for Stephanie and Malcolm as it would give Stephanie's father's name, therefore enabling us hopefully to find out the names of any siblings she may have had - perhaps another way of tracking her down. It doesn't appear that she was born in Notts, on a quick look

Nick , I think Malcolm Bryant also had a younger brother and from that have pm'd you a possible Bryant facebook contact . Whether it will do any good I have no idea .

When I have tried to contact possible relatives on Facebook I have never had a reply so be careful how you word your message should you choose to send one .

• Upvote 1

I must agree with you Michael, DAVIDW and annswaby found very valuable information for me a few months ago........ and within just a few hours. They're treasures!

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the recs . However researching family history is a bit of an addiction and I'm sure it's the same for Ann , though she is a professional , working in a logical manner and I'm more of a bumbler ! Just like crosswords ,these are puzzles we have an urge to solve.

Though I have researched my own family history for nearly 20 years and have info on various hard drives , online storage and various bits of paper , I've still not actually printed a full tree off yet .

Just in case anyone connected to these Bryants googles this in the future they may be surprised to find that the family probably originates in Ashwell, Herts and using someone elses research can go back as far as 1716 to a William Bryant .

For some reason after many generations living in the same place, a delightfully named Heber Bryant who was born in 1877 , moved to Nottingham (sometime after 1891) and can be found on the 1911 census working as a railway guard and living at 12,Curzon St Netherfield .

(Could even have known some of my ancestors as they lived in Carlton and worked on the railways too.)

Heber Bryant had a son Frank born 1909 , who was father to Malcolm mentioned at the beginning.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the recs . However researching family history is a bit of an addiction and I'm sure it's the same for Ann , though she is a professional , working in a logical manner and I'm more of a bumbler ! Just like crosswords ,these are puzzles we have an urge to solve.

Though I have researched my own family history for nearly 20 years and have info on various hard drives , online storage and various bits of paper , I've still not actually printed a full tree off yet .

Just in case anyone connected to these Bryants googles this in the future they may be surprised to find that the family probably originates in Ashwell, Herts and using someone elses research can go back as far as 1716 to a William Bryant .

For some reason after many generations living in the same place, a delightfully named Heber Bryant who was born in 1877 , moved to Nottingham (sometime after 1891) and can be found on the 1911 census working as a railway guard and living at 12,Curzon St Netherfield .

(Could even have known some of my ancestors as they lived in Carlton and worked on the railways too.)

Heber Bryant had a son Frank born 1909 , who was father to Malcolm mentioned at the beginning.

Very informative and interesting thanks once again for your input and help, fingers crossed i get a reply soon.

This is the link that takes you to that other persons database of Bryant names .

This should open up at Heber Bryant who was born in Ashwell Herts in 1877 but moved to Notts . If you keep clicking on the fathers name on each page that pops up , you go right back to 1716 .

There are more than 400 Bryants on that database and so with all the marriages and subsequent children , Nickembleton is probably related to half the people living in Hertfordshire !

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=jarman-barker&id=I09793

Thanks everyone for your kind words! As David says, it's like solving a puzzle - I'm a big fan of cryptic crosswords too! I do mainly Military research but also family history. Don't have time to do my own family anymore.......

• Upvote 2

Thats good Nick at least you have made contact with some of the family . Is your grandma Stephanie Harris still alive ?

It would be a mammoth task to find the right Phillip Harris as there must be hundreds with that name ....does he still live in Notts ?

The family you have contacted would be your best at finding them .

Am assuming that Phillip Harris is an older half-brother to Andrew Bryant .

There is a birth for a Phillip M Harris in 1965 in Nottingham to a mother with the maiden name of Harris (so likely to be unmarried).

Can't see anyone with that name on the electoral records in Nottingham but he may have ticked the privacy box .

Hopefully they can but they dont speak to stephanie harris anymore and i assume phillip harris lives in nottingham still

Cheers

Nick

Theyve been round Stephanies an shes either passed away or doesnt live there. Can anyone check is she has died please? last straw is philip harris and he should be in nottingham.

My father and me in photos

post-6321-0-58043000-1389437158_thumb.jp

post-6321-0-85669800-1389437381_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the deaths records I can check only go up to 2006 .

There are no Stephanie Harris deaths that I can see in Nottingham within that period .

• 1 year later...

Hi Nick, not been on this site before. Your uncle found it, and let me know. You are a complete mystery to all of us...

Briefly (and I hope you're back on site again):-

Steph had a baby at sweet 16. She married Malcolm at 21 (and even in the 'cutting cake' pic, you could see Andy was on the way)...

Five years later, they split.

Tony only lasted, um, about a year, max...

Then she found the love of her life... married again; and her last son.

Sadly, she died in 2011.

Send me a PM or offline link, and we can chat some more. So sorry you were looking for so long.

Would love to reconnect with Tina, we chatted at Andy's funeral, but didn't exchange contact details (no idea if there's a married name) - we were bridesmaids together.

And you, of course... I have many memories of Andy, and thanks for the pic - I only have pics of him as a teenager (sweet, and even younger!).

But, that's all I will say online. Hope you connect soon...

Hey, the pic of Andy looks like my hair when younger! And you... the body building's quite like your younger uncle. But Phil has fond memories of his kid brother, I think.

• Upvote 2