How Do I Add a Sound Only Link?

Help! I have found something on a search engine that i want to put on Nottstalga for you, it is audio only and i don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated. Hope it's not to complicated, it took me 5yrs to be able to put a photo on a post :huh: Thank you.

Easiest way would be to highlight the web address (url) that is at the top of the page that the sound file is on , by left clicking on your mouse and dragging across the web address until it all turns blue , then copy it by right clicking on it and selecting "copy" from the menu that drops down and then "pasting" the link onto the message here .

Only other way I can think is to make a youtube video of it in Windows Movie Maker using a relevant still photo image and then paste the link here when its been uploaded . Though have to be careful if its copyrighted .

DAVIDW,

The Search Engine Reads Football Results by Michael Bentine, when i click on it, this comes up

(image of a little padlock) https://my space.com/...music//song/football results-42345444-60512377, I can't see anything with URL at the beginning

It is quite funny, i haven't heard it for years and thought it might amuse people.

Carni you practically pasted the link correctly .

Ignore the padlock icon when copying the address . You won't see the letters URL in the address bar .

A uniform resource locator, abbreviated URL is a techie way of saying the webpage address ........so the URL for this page that we are reading

( from the address bar above ) , is

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11988#entry211810

OK Carni . Looks to me like you hand-typed that website page address for the link in #3 .

Unfortunately you put a gap in between "my" and "space" I.e "my space" when it should be "myspace" .

Just by making one tiny mistake will make the link not work . Thats why its better to practice your copying and pasting which gives the link exactly as it should be .

I take it all back, I tried clicking the link before i posted it and it wouldn't work BUT when i posted it,the format changed and it works now. :jumping:

Thank you CliffTon, I hope it raises a smile, most of us golden oldies will have heard it before but its still funny.

Thanks for all the advice Nottstalgians.

One of my favourite 'Goons' sketches with Bentine was the Caveman that discovered fire.

Group sat in cave and Bentine struck a flint against a rock...some hay caught fire from the sparks and they all wondered at this new invention. Sat there warming their hands, they each tried to give it a name...'Gurg!'...no 'Og!'...no... 'Spug!'...no 'Fi..re!' (smiles all round) 'Fire! Fire! Fire!'

And another caveman rushed in with a galvanised (???) bucket of water and poured it over the flames.

Only Spike could write stuff like that.