Things from vending machines

Could you once get paraffin from a vending machine im sure i did ialso remember a milk machine near liitle shop just at trent bridge end of arkwright st remember bells and heasons selling paraffin dont know if its used nowadays or where you would buy it what other things used to be in vending machines?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget ciggys, all sorts of chocolates. And also those funny balloons in gents toilets. I've a confession to make. OOOOOOOOHHHH! I'm blushing at this. When I was at school, our metalwork te

I've posted this photo somewhere before, but it shows 4 different machines at the same shop. One selling cigarettes, one chocolate, and two selling - I think - bubblegum.

Condoms Is the money for the condom machine Johnny Cash?

Don't forget ciggys, all sorts of chocolates. And also those funny balloons in gents toilets.

I've a confession to make. OOOOOOOOHHHH! I'm blushing at this.

When I was at school, our metalwork teacher fancied the pants off the domestic science teacher. So he'd give us work to do then clear off up to the Domestic Science Room for some silly reason. So me and a mate would go into the storeroom and cut some half crown size and shaped pieces of metal, get it milled and that night use it on the ciggy machine at the top of Aspley Lane. You put in two fake half crowns and got twenty senior service and a two shilling piece taped to the packet. As I didn't smoke then I had the money and me mate had the fags. It makes me cringe at the thought. Shows how un-sophisticated machines were in those days.

• Upvote 2

Cliff ton, the chewing gum machines were usually 'Beech Nut' ( 4 pieces in a waxed wrapper) or later ones were 'Wrigleys'.................cost a 'tanner'

Cliff ton, the chewing gum machines were usually 'Beech Nut' ( 4 pieces in a waxed wrapper) or later ones were 'Wrigleys'.................cost a 'tanner'

Yer right there, triggered my memory that did thanks.

I recall the Fry's chocolate bar machines at the railway stations: Chocolate Cream, Five Boys, Crunchie bars and Fry's Sandwich (Milk and white chocolate mix). Lovely!

Cheers.

Had occasion to pass through the George Bush airport in Texas last year. There in the concourse was a vending machine that was dispensing iPads and Pods. Present the plastic and remove your I Pad.

Could you once get paraffin from a vending machine ......?

Absolutely, I had two sites with vending machines for Aladdin Pink Paraffin, most customers used it for heating their home, greenhouse or garage.

The price was fixed at 2 bob/10p per vend. As the price went up the vending quantity had to be reduced accordingly. Every change had to be checked and the vending machine re-sealed by Weights and Measures.

• Upvote 1

​We had a Rippingyls paraffin heater in the front room of a terraced house we lived in for a while but the condensation was horrendous.