How many of you...

How many of you saw the sunrise this morning? I spent the night in my tent and it was so cold that I was up and about in time to take this photo:

IMG_9265.JPG?gl=GB

I took a ride out to Dunnet Bay on the north coast and the sun shone brightly (11:30am):

IMG_9271.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 3

happy new year to every one got in about 1.30am by the time we got to bed and fell asleep 2.30 gone had a realy bad night thenight before dave got up 10ish this morning and i polled down after 1 pm today having only just woke up again not moved out of my rcliner till dave did dinner about 6ish then decided to go on the computer dont think i will be long before i am going up to bed again see if i can get some more sleep

Beautiful photographs Compo; such views are just not available in my neck of the woods, even if I make the effort to get up before 10 am.

This is what I get !

Wintervisitors_zps15add239.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

You've got it right Compo.

The penguins came down from Twycross Zoo, transported in a D40 Nikon and Albert flew in via a magazine.

Just a bit of silly fun but not intended to distract from the excellence of your landscapes.

Magallenic penguins nest in burrows on muddy banks on Southern Ocean and South Atlantic shores. They projectile vomit a nasty fishy goo if you upset them - speaking from experience! Your Albert Ross looks like the Sooty Browed Albatross. :)

I did that the other night I made myself Steak & Garlic prawns with every spice I had in the rack, Woke up in the middle of the night & only just made it to the porcelain before projecting fish goo into it,

• Upvote 2

Sunrise, thats still in the middle of the night isn't it ?

Jokes apart I usually watch the sun come up most mornings while my good lady snores away happily. :-)