Well said Bilbraborn, in starting the topic, I'm bl**dy fed up with politics................ cool2

Resolutions: lose weight!!, try to overcome my weakness for good red wine...............oh yes, & be nicer to people who rant about politics

• Upvote 1

Well said Bilbraborn, in starting the topic, I'm bl**dy fed up with politics................ cool2

Resolutions: lose weight!!, try to overcome my weakness for good red wine...............oh yes, & be nicer to people who rant about politics

This isn't advice, it really isn't. But since I started drinking a bottle of decent red wine every other night I've lost over a stone in weight. There may be other things responsible, such as NOT drinking beer so much but I prefer to think that grape juice is one of my 5 a day even though fermented '3 grain juice' probably would be too.

• Upvote 2

Everything is supposed to good in moderation. But - and I can't remember who said it - except moderation of course.

Paulus, I'm not so much fed up with politics but rich, self interested, self satisfied, greedy, out of touch with the electorate politicians.

So my resolution is to give up (on) politicians.

• Upvote 2

Less biscuits, cake, chocolate, nuts, cheese all eaten late at night with not much chance of burning calories overnight .

More red wine, fruit, veg and walk more.

Less bigotry (very hard) , less moaning, sharp tongued, instant anger if things don't go right immediately , less evil looks especially to fellow customers in supermarkets, less hatred towards small children and teenagers.

More consideration for family members, older folk, shop assistants and service workers,

Oh Bo77o6ks, I can't do it. Pass me the gun mother.

Seriously, I must give it a go.

• Upvote 3

Ayup Basford Red, you and me could happily be ratchetty old farts together. LOL. Seriously, life is hard when you can't understand young people walking about obliviously dabbing away at i-phones with stuff stuck in their earoles, especially when cycling. I love my computer but I do have a life away from it.

Another resolution - I must stop looking at beautiful young women. It gives me the shakes LOL.

And I might take steps to get rid of me man-boobs this year.

• Upvote 3

For Gods sake Bilbraborn , never ever stop looking at beautiful women whatever their age. Keep on shakin' matey.

Some decent examples on TV over Christmas , Uma Thurman, Keira Knightley, Penelope Cruz, Anthea Turner, Gabby Logan, Zoe Ball, Tess Daly, Cat Deeley,

Oh crikey, madams here, must calm down now.

Ayup Basfordred, it's not just celebrities. They are all over the place. There's loads in town. Ooohhh!!!! here I go again.

• Upvote 1

Re #17. It's a beggar when driving, such distractions. Tight jeans, boots or leggings and micro pants. At least it keeps the circulation going.

My resolution is the same one I have had for the last six years, to finish the manuscript I began writing in 2007/8, and to get it published.

Due to other projects,I need a 40 hour day, plus a few more for eating and sleeping.