Worst Day Of the Year?

Today is supposed to be the worst day of the year for bad feelings and depression.

The come down of too much of the good stuff and having to return to work?

I'm glad we have set the work alarm clock for half past March!

Have a good day everyone hellothere

But spare a thought for those affected by the troubles of this world.

• Upvote 1

At this moment, the temperature here is -2 (yes, that is MINUS) farenheit!

Well as the day draws to an end it has not been a bad one. No bad feelings, no depression. Christmas decs down and put away and ready to start preparing for our summer job. Ah well another myth dispelled!

My worst day of the year was last Thursday when my daughter phoned to say that three week old Phoebe was in the Queens Medical Centre. She told me that Phoebe had bronchiolitis, which affects the breathing, and was on an oxygen machine. A million thoughts raced through my head as I thought that my daughter could lose her first child. She then told me that bronchiolitis, which I'd not heard of before, was a common condition with babies and there was nothing to worry about. They were only in the hospital for two days before they went home and Phoebe is now doing fine.

Hello Micheal,

I was just browsing and i saw your post concerning Phoebe, I was so happy when i saw that she was now Ok. My heart goes out to you all as i know how you must all have felt, we had some very frightening times when our Granddaughter was a baby, she was diagnosed with asthma eventually but she was seriously ill many times until it was gotten under control. Best wishes to you all Micheal.

My worst day so far this year was not the 6th but the 4th, I was happily playing word and song association 7.30pm as i do these days,Lol, and my heart decided to throw a wobbly, so i spent the next 5hrs at hospital, where they worked their magic for me again, so that was my personal worst day this year, but my best is today, because i am here, and happy that Phoebe and my Granddaughter are both Ok.

• Upvote 3

Michael , one of our grandaughters had a sudden attack of bronchiolitis too a couple of years ago , actually on her first birthday . We had never heard of it either .

She was hooked up to all sorts of tubes and oxygen and though we had driven 300 miles to see her on her birthday , we couldn't visit , as one of her cousins had chicken-pox and we had been in contact .

Like you , we were really worried about her but after some anti-biotics she soon pulled round . Now aged 3 , she runs around with the best of 'em and I'm sure she will be a long distance athlete one day !

We saw her this Christmas and although she hasn't been making coherent sentences that long , she is bi-lingual .

Her mum is Dutch and when they are alone , only speaks Dutch to her . My son only really speaks English to her apart from the odd Dutch word and she can now switch languages instantly , depending on who she is speaking to .

Strange to see her speaking on the phone , in Dutch to her other grandmother on Christmas Day and not having a clue what she was talking about .

• Upvote 2

Thanks Hippo Girl, Yes panic over again. We look forward to seeing you all again as well, it was very nice last time we met up and we managed to have a word with each other as well, which was very nice.

My goodness, the posts that come on here when I'm preoccupied! Sorry to hear about baby Phoebe and you Carni and so pleased to hear that all is well with both. As it happens, our 8 month old granddaughter was taken by her Mummy to the GP just before Christmas with a chesty cough. The doctor didn't even want our baby's coat removed to sound her chest and asked our daughter-in-law if she had a temperature! He gave antibiotics but told her to wait a couple of days to see if she improved without them. What's that all about then? And this was the first time she'd taken Leela to the surgery, in 8 months. As it happened she was never given the medication but instead was given a strange home remedy ............ daughter-in-law is Czech! She's well now thank goodness.

Apart from all that, which didn't happen on the Black Monday of course, I've had dentist and physio today! Also the desktop computer broke, as did the garage door. One good outcome though, a man calling himself The Carpet Doctor came and repaired the carpet that our little dog wrecked during fireworks on NYE, good result, I can recommend him.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear baby is alright Lizzie, Some Doctors test your trust in them with their attitude, thankfully all is well for baby now.

I hope your little dog kept a low profile today, I bet he put his head down and gave you a sorry expression.

Don't trust him. He will do it again, if he gets the chance :huh:

We'll never trust him again Carni! He escaped from his cage to go round wrecking the house! Damn fireworks!! The next test will be Chinese New Year, whenever that is .......

Hello Micheal,

I was just browsing and i saw your post concerning Phoebe, I was so happy when i saw that she was now Ok. My heart goes out to you all as i know how you must all have felt, we had some very frightening times when our Granddaughter was a baby, she was diagnosed with asthma eventually but she was seriously ill many times until it was gotten under control. Best wishes to you all Micheal.

My worst day so far this year was not the 6th but the 4th, I was happily playing word and song association 7.30pm as i do these days,Lol, and my heart decided to throw a wobbly, so i spent the next 5hrs at hospital, where they worked their magic for me again, so that was my personal worst day this year, but my best is today, because i am here, and happy that Phoebe and my Granddaughter are both Ok.

Its a strange thing...At school I can remember my English teacher talking about various words and him saying.."we never start a sentence with the word GOT" if fact we try to avoid using it altogether".

So! in america they use the word "gotten" which to me always seemed to be incorrect. Eventually I went to a"usage and abusage type of book to read up on it. I found that it is one of those words that is correct english but has gone out of fashion and yet we still recall its use when using such as "misbegotten"

So I now find it a welcome return when reading it in some one's threads and posts. Not meant to be a pedantic rant at all simply an observation of mine and am really talking to myself but aloud.( in a written way). Help! am I digging a deeper hole for myself?