Hello all, just discovered this interesting site so signed up today.

Moved away from Nottingham some 30 years ago, now living in deepest Lincolnshire.

Only have occasional visits a few times a year to see Forest play.

First every match was in 1961, stood at the old Bridgford End.

Lived in Clifton 1955 - 1970, West Bridgford 1970 - 1980.

• Upvote 2

Ay up Smiffy49 and welcome to the Forum. There's loads of stuff on here so get browsing and posting, you`'ll even find some of us who are also Forest aficionados, and some other poor souls also exiled in darkest Lincs.

Thanks for your kind welcome notes.

Deepest Lincolnshire? a place called Temple Bruer, not much here I'm afraid.

Not sure where to start on posting, I will browse through over the next few days and hopefully add something new, or add something interesting to an existing topic.

Welcome Smiffy49, from a fellow newbie signed up just this week. You're in good company here from what I've seen in the few days I've been a member.

During your time at Clifton were you a Fairham Comp lad? I was there 1961-66 and then my dad found me a job!. Whereabouts did you live on the estate?

Hi Smiffy49, Temple Bruer about 5-6 miles from home, cycle through there quite regular on my recumbent trike then through Wellingore,Navenby and back home down Navenby hill, look forward to your memories of Clifton and maybe Fairham

Rog

Yep - Temple Bruer was on one of my variations of route, when I used to drive from Billinghay to Derby and back once a week, up to about 10 years ago. (I usually went by train from Sleaford). The route, usually on the return trip from Derby, was A52, M1 Junction 25 to 26, cut across Bulwell/Bestwood onto the Ollerton Road, right down to Oxton, Southwell, Newark, A17, up the hill to Leadenham, Welbourn, Temple Bruer, Ashby-de-la-Laund, Digby, Walcott and Billinghay. Took the best part of 2 hours, but was quicker and quieter than getting snarled up in the Nottingham traffic and A52 to Grantham.

Thanks for your kind welcome notes.

Deepest Lincolnshire? a place called Temple Bruer, not much here I'm afraid.

Not sure where to start on posting, I will browse through over the next few days and hopefully add something new, or add something interesting to an existing topic.

Smiffy

Just get posting. Doesnt matter if its new or old, just post what you know about Nottingham, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hello all, just discovered this interesting site so signed up today.

Moved away from Nottingham some 30 years ago, now living in deepest Lincolnshire.

Only have occasional visits a few times a year to see Forest play.

First every match was in 1961, stood at the old Bridgford End.

Lived in Clifton 1955 - 1970, West Bridgford 1970 - 1980.

Just come across this post, wondered if you may have known my Dad or his parents maybe, all grew up in the Clifton area between those dates. Surname was Kelly.

Thank you for your welcome posts (actually joined on 17th Jan) you are such a friendly bunch of people !

Sorry Melissa, that surname does not ring a bell with me at all?? Most of my friends at the time were school mates or from another group of friends around West Bridgford.

The Clifton / West Bridgford areas were huge and although I had probably biked along most of the road network it was impossible to know everyone.

Lots of my friends "friends" I also just knew by their nickname, I wonder how many smiffys there were / are in Nottingham !

Smiffy

• Upvote 1