ex bramcote & west bridgford

Hello folks.

I'm Garry Whiting, been living in and around Leeds since 1970, but was born in West Bridgford and subsequently lived in Bramcote.

Educated (?) at West Bridgford Preparatory School , always known as "Miss Marriots" 1952-1956, South County Junior School 1956-1959, and then Bramcote Hills Grammar School 1959-1966.

Might be able to contribute to one or two threads, memory permitting

Welcome Garry . Use the search box on the opening page to look-up any subjects you remember . Don't be afraid to comment or add your memories to an old subject .

Welcome Gary,

Commo is right, I was at BHGS in the 60s.....did you live in Bramcote?

Yes, we moved from West Bridgford to Bramcote in August 1962 in order that my younger brother could also go to BHGS, My parents bought a house on Balmoral Drive. The house move took place whilst I was on the school holiday to Innsbruck led by Mr & Mrs Cunnington.

Garry

Hi Gary ,

I wonder if your brother was in my year at BHGS ?

My family lived on Thoresby road at the time and I remember the Cunningtons with fear and trepidation !!!!!! Geography the pair of them ?

You would have been in the same year as Malcolm Craggs, Gail Arden, Jill Lyons , ?

Hi Gary ,

I wonder if your brother was in my year at BHGS ?

My family lived on Thoresby road at the time and I remember the Cunningtons with fear and trepidation !!!!!! Geography the pair of them ?

You would have been in the same year as Malcolm Craggs, Gail Arden, Jill Lyons , ?

Guilty as charged I'm afraid, My brother Roger & wife Elaine ( nee Hunt ) still live in Bramcote.

Mr Cunnington was a pussycat really, but then, I liked geography, and so we always got on well.

Garry