I ought to know this but I don't. Some people have obviously cracked it, maybe by accident.

If you hover your cursor over a person's user name, you get a summary of their status, including the heading "Last Active".

timer1.jpg

However, in some cases that information is Private, like this

timer2.jpg

Where is the setting for that information? How can it be changed?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With reference to the word games I play them as I enjoy them. I don’t post as much as I used to having had a couple of experiences where I have had negative responses to my posts, don’t get that with

Not necessarily the case though, as some folks never give likes, and others dish them out like confetti, so a stranger never really knows what is a good post, and what is not. A strange situation inde

the trouble with that  Nott'm Way Back When group is the pair that run it dont care how they get their photos and never rarely credit people from where they aquire them from - thay have shared no end

• 3 years later...

I don't know if anyone can answer this, and it may even be in the wrong topic, but can anyone explain why at around 11.30 last night, the 'Users Online ' section in Activity showed over 200 'Guests', and 9 members online.

Had there been a sudden massive interest, or had they all come in from the pub.

Also, at 7 this morning, there were four anonymous members online. Strange, I can never see the need for a genuine member to hide their identity behind the 'Anonymous ' button. 

Maybe it's just me being pedantic for once !  LOL

• Upvote 1

Tut tut TBI. missed out again !

• Upvote 1

Someone on the "Nott'm Way Back When" , Facebook page posted a link to Nottstalgia .

It was after the pic of the YMCA hut , Carrington Street was posted .

They have nearly 15,000 "members" so I guess 200 could have clicked through ?

the trouble with that  Nott'm Way Back When group is the pair that run it dont care how they get their photos and never rarely credit people from where they aquire them from - thay have shared no end of mine from my photobucket account even though ive got it set to private

thats why i will now rarely put a photo up here 

• Upvote 3

If you have photo editing software, slap Copyright and your name across your photos to stop people copying them.

• Upvote 1

I also add, make a complaint to FB if someone uses your photos, tell them they are using copyright protected material without permission, eventually FB will remove the offender to protect themselves from a copyright court case.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I see there has been a member or two  regularly signing in anonymously. Maybe it's just me, but I find this offensive and totally unnecessary. I get the feeling that we're being spied on, and it's a bit more of the 'Big Brother' syndrome.

I for one will log off whenever I see an anonymous member online. Overreacting...... Maybe!

I had someone 'following' me. He/she had put no details about themselves, no idea where they came from and they had never posted. I found that rather creepy. I have now set my profile so that no one can 'follow' me.

• Upvote 1

Can't see why you find this offensive...........i may be one that sometimes come on anonymously........and there is a good reason for it,certainly not to spy on anybody,..........when logging on with my phone it sometimes won't let me sign on,i presume this makes me anonymous ?...........and i assume it happens with others?

That's a strange one Malcolm ! I think there should be a pruning of what facilities are available. 

I reckon members should be up front and show their identities, or ..........OFF ! 

You're excused then Benjamin. I forgot about all these gizmos like Smart Phones. Thanks for the reply. 

• Upvote 1

Think with all these Gizmo's ,they certainly out-smart me..........lol............noticed the other day someone started 'following me'........think its a long lost 2nd cousin,who seems interested because i sometimes mention members of our family that he only heard about when young,and hopefully he enjoys it............i certainly don't mind...............

Don't worry Ben, I've got my 'Grumpy Head ' on at the moment. I had a wonderful weekend away over the Bank Holiday, but have had lethargy, headaches, mild vertigo, backache and unusual bowel movements since I returned. On top of that, I gave both cars a good wash yesterday morning, and now it's bleddy raining. Grrrr !

Glad you had a good w/e Fly.................funny thing is ive got all the same ailments,..........but the Vertigo is really getting to me now...........must be our age mate...............summat to do with em dropping the bomb in 45,

• Upvote 1

Madam recently thinks I'm unbalanced anyway......... How very dare she !

1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

I had someone 'following' me. He/she had put no details about themselves, no idea where they came from and they had never posted. I found that rather creepy. 

How did you become aware of that ?  You can see when it first happens because it comes up on the Home Page in the faded grey typeface and announces that "so-and-so has started following xxx" (in the same style as the notification that "so-and-so has received reputation from XXX).

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

i may be one that sometimes come on anonymously........and there is a good reason for it,certainly not to spy on anybody,..........when logging on with my phone it sometimes won't let me sign on,i presume this makes me anonymous ?...........and i assume it happens with others?

If your phone won't let you sign in, I think that results in you becoming a 'Guest'.

As far as I know, the only way to be anonymous is when you log in at the top right, and you tick the box.......

anony_zpsrlv2g3xk.jpg

I just went to my profile and looked in the panels on the left of your screen. The panel below 'Warning Points' at the top is 'Followers'. Now I have no 'followers'  :)

i noticed my follower when his name popped up stating so.........might have others then,don't know,.........ive never deliberately signed in anonymously........so i must just be a guest from time to time..............?

Oh Ben, don't worry about it. I wish I'd never mentioned about anonymous members now. 

I'm well renowned for putting 2 and 2 together, and getting 5 !