OK Fly...............but just wondered would i still be able to read other peoples PM's if i signed in anonymously ? must try it........;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With reference to the word games I play them as I enjoy them. I don’t post as much as I used to having had a couple of experiences where I have had negative responses to my posts, don’t get that with

Not necessarily the case though, as some folks never give likes, and others dish them out like confetti, so a stranger never really knows what is a good post, and what is not. A strange situation inde

the trouble with that  Nott'm Way Back When group is the pair that run it dont care how they get their photos and never rarely credit people from where they aquire them from - thay have shared no end

Never thought to try it. Give it a go !

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

I just went to my profile and looked in the panels on the left of your screen. The panel below 'Warning Points' at the top is 'Followers'. Now I have no 'followers'  :)

I see what you mean. I don't often look at my profile (no reason to, I know who I am) and I've discovered that I have no followers either.

I agree it might seem creepy to have someone following you; and I reckon it's just as weird if you want to start following someone.

• Upvote 2

I can just about understand why a person wants to be following a topic, but a fellow member, no way on this earth should that be necessary. It's tantamount to stalking. If anyone wanted to 'follow' me, I'd be inclined to think that they need serious counselling.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Never thought to try it. Give it a go !

You did'nt bite this time Fly..........lol.

And i certainly agree with your last comment............lol.......again (me smiley's have gone again)

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

I see what you mean. I don't often look at my profile (no reason to, I know who I am) and I've discovered that I have no followers either.

I agree it might seem creepy to have someone following you; and I reckon it's just as weird if you want to start following someone.

I can't see the point of following anyone. I just read the posts that I am interested in regardless of who is posting..

• Upvote 2

Ive followed people most of my working life cliff-ton.............but then again i am a bit weird,but not creepy............

Malc,.......i read everything..........even things i'm not interested in............like i said.........i'm probably weird...........lol.

• Upvote 1

On the same line as followers it says options you can click on that stop anyone following you, plus under your user name on the drop down menu it says 'Ignored users'? Could make forum more user friendly & enjoyable for some, if it works?

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I notice that an anonymous member seems to appear at similar times each day. I just wish they'd stand up and be counted.

Why on earth should an anonymous member be able to look who's online, and see what topics the rest of us are looking at. 

It's tantamount to stalking as I've mentioned before. 

Can't see a problem with that FLY, personally I don't give a toss if stalking or not, remember we all have the option to be anonymous or not ourselves.

Perhaps they are looking who's playing the word games !!smile2

• Like 1

Could well be catfan. 

Not many of us use our actual names for our avatar, so I suppose we're all a bit anonymous. Well, until you go to a meet up, that is, LOL.  

On that subject, meet-ups can become confusing.

If you know a person's real name and their Nottstalgia name, which one do you use when you speak to them ?  That's when mumbling becomes a useful cop-out.

And some people possibly think my real name is Cliff something.

• Like 1

Know how you feel, Cliff. Trigger keeps calling me Dave when my name is Rodney.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Not necessarily the case though, as some folks never give likes, and others dish them out like confetti, so a stranger never really knows what is a good post, and what is not. A strange situation indeed.

• Like 3

Likes / Upvotes is a personal thing. It can be a way of thanking an individual for their post, research/ effort in posting etc. Some on here & other forums never contribute to those sites just read other member's posts. Then there are those who get very few likes ! Perhaps no one likes their posts !

There are those on here who put a lot of work & effort in posting researching etc so why not give a "Like" / Upvote ?

When all said & done you do or you don't, simple really.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MargieH said:

Whether a post is 'good' is subjective, though...

It must have been good to the poster to post anyway. as you say "subjective", well that's down to opinions, nothing else.

• Like 1
On 7/15/2017 at 2:57 PM, Cliff Ton said:

On that subject, meet-ups can become confusing.

If you know a person's real name and their Nottstalgia name, which one do you use when you speak to them ?  That's when mumbling becomes a useful cop-out.

And some people possibly think my real name is Cliff something.

A few old timers in Bulwell call me Ben.....because they worked with me Dad who was a Benjamin and his Dad also.....my middle name is Benjamin and i love being called Ben nowadays especially on here., so at ''chulla ups'' Ben is good.

• Upvote 1

Thank you kind lady......cost me fortune on Bulwell Market for Amal's new outfit.........

• Like 1
6 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

A few old timers in Bulwell call me Ben.....because they worked with me Dad who was a Benjamin and his Dad also.....my middle name is Benjamin and i love being called Ben nowadays especially on here., so at ''chulla ups'' Ben is good.

Does anybody know your real name ?  

• Like 1