Unusual Road Names

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is an interesting road sign in Port Augusta South Australia 300 km (186miles) north of Adelaide Perth is 2,388 km (1483 miles) and Darwin is 2,723km (1692miles) From Nottingham this distance

How about this one from Wollaston.

That bush needs a bit of a trim.

Posted Images

Here is an interesting road sign in Port Augusta South Australia 300 km (186miles) north of Adelaide

Perth is 2,388 km (1483 miles) and Darwin is 2,723km (1692miles) From Nottingham this distance would get you to Moscow, Istanbul, Marrakesh or almost to Nuuk in Greenland

Image result for road signs port augusta

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nothing to do with unusual road names but the above sign reminded me of our next door neighbour years ago. 

We were living here and were going to Uk for a break and mentioned to our neighbour that we were going by car. He wanted to know , as we said we were taking the channel tunnel, did we seen the fish passing by the train window and didnt the water come into the car. :wacko:

Which way will you go? Was his next question........blah blah then we take the Frejus tunnel. Then came the next comment or question........." When you get through do you turn left or right"?????

The neighbour was a bachelor , never out of the village and spent all his life tending vineyards, governed by his mother, but he made the most fantastic Moscato. So naive that when we took him to Alessandria one day he couldnt believe there were shops one after another.

Sorry to go off topic but the sign in Australia summed it all up.

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What made me laugh  out loud was that they asked someone who lived in Minge Lane for his opinion.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

You're slightly off the mark !    The white curved building is at the bottom of Newark Street, curving onto Manvers Street.

Today it's these houses on the left.......  https://goo.gl/maps/JAjtZRXoQDn

Davisella House? A friend of mine owns that building. 

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Davisella House? A friend of mine owns that building. 

Nearly.......I was aiming at the new housing which has replaced the white curved building, but Davisella House is also on the old photo; it's the long straight building running vertically down Manvers Street.

Going round the building on Streetview, I can't see the name Davisella anywhere; but if you type the name in on Google Maps, that's where you it points you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...