Great Northern Railway Corn Warehouse.

Hi there Eva Eagle & welcome to the forum

In answer to your Question of ownership of the Ex GNR warehouses

Have you tried "Rail Track"?

You could try Nottingham City Council on a freedom of information request.

Up until around the early 90s, it was possible to drive along the road at the side of the warehouse and use it as a cut-through from London Road to Sneinton. The place was derelict, you had to drive around massive potholes, and there were weeds growing through the concrete, but the road hadn't been blocked off as it is now.

cut.jpg

Or take a closer look here. http://binged.it/19XcYrd

In reply to previous question the site is still owned by Heathcote Holdings who were behind the failed plans for the Island site redevelopment. The council is currently looking at compulsory purchasing the site to push forward redevelopment and cleaning up the eyesore.

• 10 months later...

I worked in W81 for a number of years alongside this lovely old building.. and witnessed constant vandalism and arson attacks.

The pub Sam Fays/Grand Central Diner met the same fate.I went in with a mates van and filled it with railway goodies,including a GWR corner sink!

• 8 months later...

I'm sure I saw on the local news that this whole area behind the NHS Walk in Centre is now at las being redeveloped. 

About time.

You're probably right Cliff. I fear it'll become even more of an eyesore over the forthcoming years.

• 1 year later...

My friend work in demolition company and they been ask long time ago ( about 7 yrs) to get this building down but when they arrived to do costing out they change price compare to what they agree before with the owner because building have lots of asbestos and state of building is very bad so they have to do it with all health and safety stuff 

Owner change his mind on demolition and is waiting to the point when building will collapses by it self then council will have to put some money in to it to help owner clean up because of asbestos