In the 60's there was a one-hit wonder for Esther & Abi Ofarim called Cinderella Rockafeller. But I love the B side much better, called In the Morning.

Flip side of Jasper Carrot's Funky Moped was a rather camp take off of Magic Roundabout. A bit naughty but I thought it was hillarious.

'Little By Little' was the 'B' side to 'Not Fade Away' released in 1964 by The Rolling Stones. There are

many 'B' side recordings that I like, especially with the Rolling Stones, and this is one of my favourites.

There are some great photos on this video that you may not have seen before.

• Upvote 2

Originally, Magic Roundabout was going to be the a-side, until the BBC said "No, we're not playing it".

I reckon most people bought it for MR anyway.

"Thanks for sticking up for me, said Florence"

:)

A couple of great b-sides from the Beach Boys , this one flip side of Sloop John B

and this one Don't Worry Baby , b-side to I Get Around

One more......... the beautiful In My Room b-side to the frantic Be True To Your School

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

Roy Lee Johnson on Action Label

A Side....So Anna Just Love Me.......Rubbish

B Side....Boogaloo No.3........Brilliant

I don't remember the A side every being played down the clubs. I have got the 45 on vinyl and the A side totally unmarked because it has never been played.

Ian, To really appreciate the B side you must play it loud, very loud.

I have just listened to this Robbie and I must admit never heard it before but a good sound.....just love saxophone playing.

You do surprise me Dave, if anybody on this site I would have thought you would have heard it. I bought the record back in 1968 or 69 from the Rediffusion shop on Angel Row. I too love the sound of the saxophone.

Kelly-- under my thumb-- for no one,a Wayne Gibson blow out!! Robbie I turned the amp up to 11.my mission speakers are bleeding!! Dave keep posting these gems, i'm only 10 years listening to this stuff..... a newbie!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1954 American singer June Valli had a hit with a song called I Understand. Very nice, but I liked the B side better. For those soppy sods out there this is for you. Melissa likes it - makes her cry into her beer.

• Upvote 3