Here's proof that crime DOES pay !

Of course crime pays, a few examples, politicians, oil companies, Big Pharma, list goes on, if you or I did what the examples I listed get away with, we'd be facing the rest of our lives behind bars for corruption, murder and environmental crimes..... They just make big money for their crimes.....

It's also the folk at the bottom of the social pile who are successful from crime. Just walk through Bestwood, Bestwood Park, Aspley, Bilborough, Broxtowe and Strelley and see the 12 and 13 reg Audis, Range Rovers, VW's, BMW's et al.

• Upvote 1

Theres people on this site that think they are on top of the social pile that are proud of the fact that they have been bankrupt numerous times,i bet thier victims feel angry and robbed .

Theres people on this site that think they are on top of the social pile that are proud of the fact that they have been bankrupt numerous times,i bet thier victims feel angry and robbed .

THIS POST REPORTED!

And the type of comment that will get you banned!

What the f**ks going on? We don't need this kind of crap on here...This is mostly a forum of memories and reminiscences, not personal attacks.We've had this rubbish in the past...let's not go down that road again.

• Upvote 2

What group is that then?...when somebody starts stirring it then yes I do object...forum or not. There's no need for it. I don't even know who the digs are aimed at...but they aren't necessary on here.

• Upvote 1

Read the rules of this forum, that you agreed to when you joined.

I have made it very clear recently that abuse to other members will not be tolerated.

And that I will delete accounts of those who do not understand or fail to respect this concept.

I have not got the time to police this forum and I dont expect other members of staff to have to spend their time doing the same.

It is easier to press the Ban button.

I can understand where you're coming from, Bilboro-lad but Nottstalgia is a Forum for people interested in the history of Nottingham. A lot of other stuff gets thrown into the mix but it's mainly for people reminiscing and seeking information about the old Nottingham. Its Members are friendly and normally not confrontational as it's not that type of Forum. The Members have meet-ups, for those that can attend, and friendships are formed. I went to see my eldest son yesterday and he asked me, for a laugh, to take a quick look at a residents Forum. Everyone seemed to be insulting everyone else and people stating that they were leaving the Forum because of all the trouble. Nottstalgia isn't that kind of Forum and, hopefully, it never will be. I'm not being critical of you personally, Bilboro-lad because I think you bring a lot to Nottstalgia, I'm just giving my personal view as to why certain comments are not welcome and why Admin will nip it in the bud.

• Upvote 5

He wasn't abusing anyone and neither have I. Ban me if you like, if you are that touchy.

Despite what you are likely to tolerate, members here have made it clear they don't want to be subjected to abuse or even see it occurring on the forums.

I would rather lose members by banning bad posters than members leaving because the forums have become an area of conflict.

We have already lost active posters because of the hassle a small number of users have posted.

If they cant comply with conditions of the board they should find elsewhere to post.

well that's all a bit cryptic to me. I'm not sure if that's an oblique sideswipe at my posts or not. I'm here because I have a particular interest in old railways and spend most weekends looking for old Nottingham.

I'm trailer trash off a council estate, but I can live with that, it's just a matter of whether the rest of you can.

• Upvote 1

I believe that most people who join Nottstalgia do so because they have an affection for Nottingham, whether they live in the county or live on the other side of the World. I found the site because I googled 'Dungeon Club' so I could re-live my teenage years if you like. I'm not interested in trains and buses but I can appreciate that many members are.

We come from all backgrounds but we have a common love of our home city. Some received an arguably better education through luck at the age of 11. Some have made it in business and probably had a better life than a lot of other folk. Some have worked 18 hour days just to put food on the table for their families. Some have suffered badly with health issues. BUT, the common denominator for us all is NOTTINGHAM.

The majority of the members are not confrontational. I'm afraid that those that do have that tendency just spoil it for the rest of us.

• Upvote 7