Here's proof that crime DOES pay !

It is a direct comment to anyone who post abuse or inflammatory material here.

As I have not read all your posts, I cannot say if it applies to you.

I rely on members to report such posts

Well I'm just a straight talker, on here and in the real world. I won't smile to your face and call you behind your back. I just say it as I see it and be damned. Some people don't like that, they would rather draw their knives in the shadows, but not me. If I think someone has got it wrong then I'll say so. It's confrontational to some, but in my world it's about being honest, non-duplicitous and forthright. If that doesn't suit, then tell me and I'll go.

#24 If coming from a council estate makes you 'trailer trash' I don't know what that makes me.

I had a Auntie Brown who lived on Liddington St, New Basford, if fact she was all the local kids auntie. She lived in a very posh house, it had a hot water system with a bathroom and an inside loo. We used to go there to watch the kids programs on her tele, you know the ones Muffin The Mule, Flower pot men.

It was years later that it came to me that this very, very posh house was in fact a council house. Auntie Brown had connections in high places.....her son was a city councillor.

You see you should think before you make such comments.

I lived on a very nice residential caravan site in the new forest when I was 10.

All was well until it was dragged to the middle of a field in Lincolnshire, with no

gas water or electricity, during the winter 1962-3.

And I was treated like trash by the other kids at the local village school!

I used the term in the vernacular to suggest that my upbringing (until I was 13) wasn't considered 'posh'. I wasn't born in a village in the Vale of Belvoir or in West Bridgford. I'm not saying that it made me a bad person (I have no criminal record), but I know where I come from. I don't mind people reminding me of that fact because it is true, and the truth will never offend me. So what I am saying is, don't go looking for insults in posts that may or may not be there or aimed at you. I don't knowingly go out to offend people but I guess I sometimes do, but I can't walk on eggshells. I am what I am and I'm happy with who I am. I imagine the rather blunt (at times) Mr Charlesworth is the same.

My rough upbringing made me what I am today.

Living off National assistance, and having to sit in NA office waiting rooms, for mother to be interviewed before money was given.

Often no food on the table, certainly no toys. (Un)fortunately most kids today will never have these experiences. If they did they may appreciate what they do have.

• Upvote 1

I would like to appoligise to people that i may have offended ,i am not the ogre some think i am ,i have spent 30 years working in the caring profession working with learning disabilities,mental ill health,and aquired brain injury and have done my best for every client regardless of background .Quite often clients with aquired brain injury where far more educated than me but where happy to accept my help knowledge weather that was organising physio or requesting funds from solicitors via the court of protection it did not matter the point i am trying to make is when i get passionate about things its based on life experience and i sometimes forget that most people would not have experienced proper discrimination on the scale i have witnessed,anyway that is not your problem the fact that i let peoples off the cuff remarks get to me is a fault of mine ,i have already submitted a list of positive things this site has brought to my life.so all i can say is sorry.

• Upvote 2

Lived on virtually next street to Liddington Street till 18, mind you was about biggest house in New Basford, def biggest garden, somewhere on here remember someone asking me "were you that posh kid"? lol I wasn't but think grandparents esp esp on mothers side, grandfather was former black watch career army officer (even though Irish), Badly wounded in ww1 invalided out and became manager of Murphys chemicals in Old Basford 1920 till his death in 1939,

Those who thought a posh house didn't go in, lol only 2 rooms habitable, never had own bedroom, bathroom froze in 1947 still same condition 1964 never had a bath there, was stil on DC till I think 1959, even was on fire one bonfire night! luckily or otherwise bought out as petrol station built on site, so new start, married 1970 then Basford flats swopped for run down one fire place council house eventually bought that (full market price pre thatcher bribe era ) £6,050 sold 25 years later and bought the van my choice, only downside now is since flood defences covering Nottingham river a lot higher and can't get insurance, but got dinghy and inflated car inner tubes in garden so should be ok!

• Upvote 3

As a little kid, I thought people who lived in council houses were the 'posh uns',some even had two toilets,'inside'the house.

I would never stoop so low as to call anyone 'trailer trash', there are so many people that cannot help their circumstances.

Thousands of folk would be grateful to live in a 'trailer',it has to be better than existing homeless on the street.

Without a permanent address, you can't get employment,or any government help or assistance.

The term "Trailer Trash" comes from this side of the pond, it doesn't refer to RV users, ie motor homes or travel trailers, aka UK caravans, but refers to low life scum who reside in "trailers" ie factory built houses on steel chassis with removable wheels. More commonly known as "mobile homes"

These are usually situated in "Trailer Parks" and the trash part refers to low lifes who cannot afford fixed housing due to poor credit ratings, plus infringe on others lives with loud music and poor behavior to others.

Most mobile home owners, are decent people who would prefer to own their own home but cannot afford the land, so they purchase a new or used mobile home, have it towed to a trailer park and pay low rent.

But as I said, it's low lifes who were given the name trailer trash through their anti social behavior..