Got it now,, 1951 could have been on that Photo,, can just make out the old Pavilion i mentioned in 'Uncle John's scrapbook'' long gone now,,

• Upvote 1

Keep being drawn back to Troggs photo,,can now make out the tennis courts and cicket square where i played so many times, and the larger area where we played football, 

So many old pals names come back to me,, thanks Trogg,great stuff,

• Upvote 1

Here is another of Bulwell Common for you Ben, this one is a lot earlier than the previous one so you wont remember it like this, At the bottom left is the bridge linking Hucknall road and St Albans Road then the common and the vast expanses of Bulwell and Bulwell Hall Estate in the back, also the fields where Bestwood Estate was built, what stands out is the railway lines that shaped the area. The common does not look that big , but as young kids it took a while to walk from one end to the other, maybe we were enjoying ourselves too much.

bulwell_commonearly.jpg

• Like 1

Another great Photo Trogg........reckon 1930s,, the Railway line that passes Bulwell Hall going north then leads straight to where i live now,, made me realise from Birth at the bottom of the pic. to the top where i am now..........did'nt really go far did i,,...........;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Another great Photo Trogg........reckon 1930s,, the Railway line that passes Bulwell Hall going north then leads straight to where i live now,, made me realise from Birth at the bottom of the pic. to the top where i am now..........did'nt really go far did i,,...........;)

But look at the antics you've packed in to such a small area!

• Like 2