• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly, really enjoying 'Jools' tonight. Ricki Lee Jones is still pretty cool! Among the first songs I recall hearing was 'Little Things Mean a Lot', by Kitty Kallen. I was about 4. Still love it.

When I was eight, or thereabouts, I was playing out on the street one dark night when I hear some nice-sounding music coming loudly from the house across the road. I crept up the path and squatted dow

Hey, and I know a chap who's in the Tribute band. Wonder if it's the same chap whose mother dines weekly with the wife of the chap who I've sat next to on several occasions.

My milestones all took place in a short but sweet timeframe.

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer Wembley Arena 1974

Led Zeppelin Earls Court 1975

Genesis (with Peter Gabriel) Manchester Palace Theatre 1975

Pink Floyd Knebworth 1975

The Who Bingley Hall 1975

Saw many other bands around that time, whether at the Boat Club, Nottm Uni, De Montfort and Granby Halls, as well as Reading Festivals, but those stand out as once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

RobL:also did knebworth..was the Marshall Tucker band on that year?? Saw uboat as well they were excellent! Tell us some more bands I love to hear stories about gigs!..jealous to think people saw Hendrix or cream etc..

I went to see Freddie and the Dreamers in Linköping Sweden in 1990, there was only 10 people in the audience, but they did the show. After the show we went and a had a few words with him and I said how disappointing it must have been with so few people, but he replied......... it's not a problem, we go out there and play as though it was a full house.

• 1 month later...

Here's a few to inspire others: was in Miami when Bob Marley passed away.been in Eddie Cochran's house and saw "that" red guitar.saw the Who at Charlton's ground.saw Humphrey Lyttleton,twice!! Went to see B52's at the pink pop festival in Holland.Played full version of 'solid Air' at my Mother's funeral.

Status Quo are the best ones I've seen live, various venues up and down the country. Remember at the Arena we were right in the gods, I was terrified of standing up in case I fell down!

Didn't they do a tv series 'Rock from the Royal' or similar, early 80;s I think. It was on a Monday night, and broadcast after the performance?

Blondie, carni and iandawson; how would you like to tell people that you know a chap who knows a woman who knows a woman who's son played in Billy Fury's group? The chap is me, the first woman is the wife, who meets the other woman at a weekly lunch club on the Rise Park estate. She says that BF used to come to her house, and once brought her a parrot. Her son is still in the group, which now tours as a tribute band.

What a fantastic claim to fame chulla, sounds like 6 degrees of separation!!

My brother is a dj and works on the 60's and other themed weekends at Butlins. They are amazing weekends, the groups are mostly the originals with a couple of interlopers. Alvin Stardust was a lovely man, very down to earth. My favourites were the Tremeloes, I spent the evening in heaven only two feet away from the band, who still wear leather trousers. The drummer was having a hip replacement so the chap from Paper Lace stood in.

• Upvote 1

Now then. Is the chap; that I have sat next to, the chap that is the son of the woman who knows the woman that you know, who is your wife and goes to the lunch club every week, or is the chap that I have sat next to, the husband of the woman who meets the woman who's son plays in the tribute band these days.

If it is the Latter, then yes, I have sat next to him. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

carni; if the chap was the first one you mentioned then we would never have heard the last of it lol.

Hey, and I know a chap who's in the Tribute band. Wonder if it's the same chap whose mother dines weekly with the wife of the chap who I've sat next to on several occasions.

• Upvote 3

Haha. So, the chap that i've sat next to, is possibly not the same chap in the Tribute Band that Lizzie knows, who is the son of the woman who dines weekly with the wife of the chap that Lizzie has sat next to on many occasions. I'm so glad that I now know which chap I sat next to.

• Upvote 1