By the way. Have you seen what these guys do? This isn't the greatest music, but look what they're doing...

Squeezing the bellows with one arm to push air into the bag under the other. Then playing the melody with both hands on the chanter... and also 'stopping' the bottom of the chanter onto their knee. usually a leather pad there for that. I think it's to do with jumping up and down octaves but not really sure.

Then playing chords on the drones by using their wrist.

Easy ;)

Col

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly, really enjoying 'Jools' tonight. Ricki Lee Jones is still pretty cool! Among the first songs I recall hearing was 'Little Things Mean a Lot', by Kitty Kallen. I was about 4. Still love it.

When I was eight, or thereabouts, I was playing out on the street one dark night when I hear some nice-sounding music coming loudly from the house across the road. I crept up the path and squatted dow

Hey, and I know a chap who's in the Tribute band. Wonder if it's the same chap whose mother dines weekly with the wife of the chap who I've sat next to on several occasions.

DJ360. Nice and different not into irish music but I liked it. Is that what their right arms are for ? Thought they were for raising a pint.....sorry