Sometimes when I press post, I get the sign"saving post" but then nothing happens. Now when I see this happening, I quickly write down what I have typed in and retype and post it again. Is there a simple way that I am not aware of to retrieve the original post. Thank you for any advice.

• Upvote 1

The same has happened to me many times over the last 6 months. Very irritating .

I find that when this happens if I wait for a couple of seconds then press post again, the cogs connect and the 3 dots start to oscillate and the post goes through, though when that doesn't happen and the post just disappears, it is just a tad frustrating! madashell

Carni, you are quaint 'writing' down what you type.

How old fashioned :)

Before posting a lengthy post on any site it is advisable to do the following to prevent loss of the text.

Click your cursor into the reply box.

1. Hold down the 'ctrl' key

2. press the a key then the c key

3. release the 'ctrl' key

This selects all the text then copies it to memory.

Want to post it again?

Click your cursor into the reply box.

1. Hold down the 'ctrl' key

2. press the v key

to paste the copied text.

My method seems to be working Commo :)

My method seems to be working Commo :)

Windows short cut keys can save you lots of time in many application.

• Upvote 2

This has happened to me a few times but when I have come back to the thread something asks me if I want to post the saved comment, I click on that and the comment reappears posted!

Mick, re #5 and #6, no idea how that happened and I could not get rid when it happened ! This was from my tablet (I think that's what it's called - a Kindle) and to me it is at times very confusing because the system works differently from the laptop.

I just C&P it if it happens to me.

Thank you all for your help and Mick2me, I looked Quaint up and I quite like being "Attractively Unusual and Old fashioned". Chris definitely agrees with the "Unusual" bit. cool2

#9 Commo,

No problem with the Tablet, I take all mine in the morning!! :faint:

Another way is to hold down the left side of the mouse as you move it across your message. It will turn it blue. Right click on mouse and select copy. Select where your message is going and right click on mouse. Select paste and your message appears. It's quick and easy.

I've had this happen to me but most of my posts can be done again if needed.

Oh by the way, it's good to be quaintly old fashioned. They still sell pens and pencils at Staples and Smiths.

I agree Bilbraborn - but how do you manage to get the message to post after you've written it in pen in this nice white space? I've tried it, but when I press Post nothing happens. The message just stays written on the surface of the screen. Am I doing something wrong?

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have tried all the suggestions to try to post my info on the topic about The Pleasure Park, but no luck. I have no problems with other posts on any topic, but as soon as I click the post button, the little green lights flash, the message says saving post, and then nothing! I have saved the message and have no trouble getting it to Nottstalgia but that's as far as it will go. I have reread it and I can't see anything that could be offensive in it. HELP :)

Mines unreal I sign in then it takes about 12 minutes before it signs me in, then its hit or miss if the posting I make uploads to the site or not probably been like this for the last 2 months, every other site i go on is rapid.

hitting Add Reply @ 15:48