This is now a Pub/Restaurant on the main road, but I remember in the mid 70's going to what I remember as a farmhouse type building accessed via driving up a drive through trees off the main road? Has the location changed?

• 2 weeks later...

Grange Farm stood/stands square with the junction of Stapleford Lane & Nottingham Road, Toton.

Very popular place for works/club functions in the 70's & 80's.

Haven't heard it mentioned for many years, so it may well have been renamed 'The Manor'.

Access was certainly via a longish drive off Stapleford Lane and, IIRC, it also resembled a farmhouse type building.

From your description, I'd guess [haven't been by there in 20 years!] that 'The Manor' is the former 'Grange Farm'

Cheers

Robt P.

;) I can categorically state that The Manor isn't the former Grange Farm.........

;) I shall be passing by there later tonight on my way to Asda Long Eaton. If the light is still with me i shall take a couple of pics...... :Friends:

Fine.....

Does 'Grange Farm' still exist at the junction?

Does it remain a restaurant?

Perhaps your late night sleuthing will reveal all....

Take care, many random photographers are now deemed to be potential terrorist threats! Certainly by British Transport Police, and the like....

Cheers

Robt P.

;) As promised took a short ride before i went shopping and took this. As you see from the pic, The Manor pub/Restaurant is situated on the corner the car park is next and then comes some large brick pillows with wrought iron gates attached, the plaque on the left pillar say's 334 The Grange which i think was once the entrance to The Grange reastaurant...

post-52-1141666750_thumb.jpg

Well done Den, thanks for that...

IIRC, the restaurant occupied the apparent waste ground area to the south-west of (1).....it was certainly adjacent to, if not accessible from, Nottingham Road.

Cheers

Robt P.

Hope your Ice cream didnt melt whilst you were taking those pics Bip?

• 1 month later...
;) I can categorically state that The Manor isn't the former Grange Farm.........

Sorry mate....

I passed by today, for the first time since the night of the air raid, and can say that The Manor occupies the former Grange Farm building!

Cheers

Robt P.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the BUMP Sham 69

The " Grange Farm " was the best cliched (sorry no accents on this computer) restaurants of the 70s/80s ie Prawn cocktail,Steak,Black forest gateux, that Nott'm ever produced ,it was great for many things not least being Garry Birtles who was a regular there (I got him to present my sister with a bunch of flowers on her 21st)

;)

I remember "Grange Farm" very well - and am saddened to know it is now gone!

For us it was always the posh place you aspired to go to some day! I think I only went there two or three times, and was probably too intimidated to actually enjoy it!

Not forgetting 'Merangue Chantille' and then the dancing afterwards

;)

• 7 months later...

My mum loved them (Even though she was staunchly against the ivory trade) IMMSC there were some that were like a ball of lace inside a ball of lace inside another ball of lace. It must have taken weeks to make them

• 9 years later...

I managed Marsdens High street Long Eaton in 1966.............and every morning we would deliver several sorts of Bacon and Cheeses to Grange Farm by the Granville bike,....with basket on the front always full............and it was ridden by a girl aged 15 which was very rare to see.(in fact never saw another).........even remember her name Sandra Domleo........it was probably 3 to 4 miles round trip and them granvilles wer'nt easy to handle no gears or owt,.........but young Sandra could handle it.

Can't imagine many young girls today doing it..........bless her...........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1