Radford Great War

had an e mail today that my grandfather was on the list for the new great war memorial  I am the last of the line and had to get it done  I was starting to despair but have succeeded at last  I am really gratefull for everyones help job done thanks to all  meeowed

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...

At the present both my Grandfather and his brother are shown with The Fallen on the Remembrance board in St Peters, Radford and will be united with all of the Nottingham heroes who fell defending our country and democracy in the Great War. I will have to make a pilgrimage to the new Memorial.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Hi all who are interested in Old radford and the Great War ..as many of you now know the memorial on the banks of the Trent is now complete . It's pleasing to know thatNottinghamshire has the unique position of the only county to place all the men from their shire  onto one memorial . A few minor touch ups are going on at present around the  path and site. 

The. Fallen are listed alphabetically in years they have been listed as died or killed .i have found 4 memorials from in and around Radford  that were not listed and passed the images and lists of men to the main researcher Dr David Nunn . They are apes ent being researched. To add their names to the memorial if not listed .

any further help on any of the names . From Radford please post me a message .

rearguards .

Brian ...p.ss am in Thiepval until Saturday ..if you require info on any man missing on the Somme .please post message before 12.00 today 

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2014 at 9:27 PM, Bugsy Royd said:

Hi all Radford and Sodom searchers , I am looking for info on men and women who served or were killed in the great war 1914 - 1918 . Was your ancestors in the conflict

Hello Bugsy my grandfather Jacob Dawes (he lived in Gate street) served in first world war,  although he worked at Radford pit he signed up. I have a photo of him in his uniform with my grandmother.  My other grandfather lived in St Ann's , saint Bartholomew's road, he also joined up and was a Saper. I'll scan photos in and post (may take a while as I have my leg in plaster at the moment).