Have been using Android phone and tablet for a few years.

I'm really impressed with it as an OS.

Recently purchased a Chinese Android Android 4.2.2 clone phone from ebay and after initial setup problems, and some scumware I had to get rid of, its turning into an excellent phone with the benefit of olding 2 sim cards.

Keep finding excellent and free Android Apps.

The latest being Pushbullet which shares notifications between all devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pushbullet.android&hl=en_GB

Mary's school has a number of "ChromeBooks" - basically notebook PC's that run Android and use Google Chrome for almost everything! They really like them - inexpensive to purchase, and the software cost is non-existent!

I don't think schools and learning institutions pay much for their software Eric, a friend of mine works at Liverpool uni in the UK, and he gets software at "cost" one pound!!!

I also have a copy of Dreamweaver, that belonged to a student, cost them very little from what I can make out.

It's "us grunts" who pay full price so as they can have a huge developers discount.

That is correct John, but multiply it by a number of students and it gets up there. The other problem is maintenance, which is also non-existent with the Chrome Book - you are always using the latest version of the software!

• 3 weeks later...

Iphone nickels & dimes you to death

Android is the way to go

Actually I just changed my plan for $3 more & it includes free phone calls to landlines in the Uk unlimited $.20 per min to mobile

That has got my landline beat that was costing me $.08 per min.

No contract Unlimited plan Text & Talk 2 phones $80 pm + $3 for the International + $20 for the Tablet

• Upvote 1