• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Charlesworth, the very thought that such an Eisoptrophobia suffering person as wot I am meself, would lambaste, insinuate or challenge the views, comments, observations, or elucidations of such a p

a charlesworth (#23). You have nothing to apologise for as I knew you were joking, as I'm sure you realise that I was as well.

any colage charlsworth but thet still could not teach me to spell lol

tomlinson, #17, that's the way I remember the resistor colour code, but there is supposed to be a more PC way these days...

I remember it as BODMAS too - and a slide rule is easy - it is simply a linear log table!

How about the resistor color code? BBROYGBVGW

Now could someone tell me what sums are ,and where i could find an education,in English Commo and Micheal please

any colage charlsworth but thet still could not teach me to spell lol

• Upvote 1

Never very good at sums and never heard of Bidmas. (Read through this post and still not sure wot I'm reading). The only acronimy thingy I can remember from schoolday is: Many Volcanoes Erupt Molten Jam Sandwiches Under Normal Pressure

Mr Charlesworth, the very thought that such an Eisoptrophobia suffering person as wot I am meself, would lambaste, insinuate or challenge the views, comments, observations, or elucidations of such a perfectly formed personage as your dashingly pulchritudinous, athletically supreme, and praiseworthy personage as yourself, is mind-boggling!

I'll put the kettle on now and take another tablet...

Hehehe!

• Upvote 4

Blimey, TGC (#37). Have you picked somebody else's medication up by mistake? :biggrin:

I thought the GP said "It's about time I sorted out your medication!"

Though thinkin' about it, she might have said 'cremation'. Me earin' aids need decoking agen. Tsk!

Hehehe...

Kettle on agen!

tomlinson, #17, that's the way I remember the resistor colour code, but there is supposed to be a more PC way these days...

You're quite right but teaching students from overseas we had to be PC about the first colour.

• 5 months later...

I'm on me third dictionary still looking fer flippin bidmas or bodmas Why was I taught fractions. I think i'll stay simple take life easy

carry on while I leave the classroom.

For us it was BODMAS - the sequence in which you solved bits of the problem in long equations (someone will correct me and say what the exact mathematical significance was/is). It was Brackets, Of, Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract. - so there!

Here you go apply bodmas....... 2 + 2 x 0 +10 =