10?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Charlesworth, the very thought that such an Eisoptrophobia suffering person as wot I am meself, would lambaste, insinuate or challenge the views, comments, observations, or elucidations of such a p

a charlesworth (#23). You have nothing to apologise for as I knew you were joking, as I'm sure you realise that I was as well.

any colage charlsworth but thet still could not teach me to spell lol

2x0=0+2+10=12? :ninja:

Cooorrrect!

Darkazana #53,

I will come clean, In February when I started this thread, I had never heard of either Bidmas or Bodmas. If I had done, I had certainly forgotten it all. My Granddaughter taught me some of the very basics. Tonight I had to ask her for a Recap. So you see, I can't take the credit. I got by with a little help from my friend! Or should I say I got by with help from my little friend.

slywink

If I recall, when I was at school and Tech, all multiplication and division were in brackets, so we were taught to do everything within the brackets first, then complete the addition and subtraction second.

My wife has a Bsc and majored in accounting, and she argued black and blue, if the multiplication isn't in parenthasis, then the sum is started left to right.

Eventually she has accepted what I said, though she is still skeptical as I think she learned Math the same as myself.

Quick proof of the way it should be done, is use a scientific calculator, feed the figures in just like they are written and it gives the correct answer every time. That's how I convinced the wife....

• Upvote 1
  • 6 years later...