Worst Television Advert, ever?

I wonder how much of the fees these so called self loving, talentless, hypercritical, smarmy, tossers, that advertise these adverts begging for money, give to the product they are touting. these adverts all ways come on when you are sitting down for something ,to eat.. I think the first advert to hit the T.V screens was gibs sr tooth paste back in the 50s am I right,

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advertising gurus work on the principle of making their offerings memorable to the public. So the more outrageous the better, as far as they're concerned. I wonder if it occurs to them they can be so

The EDF turd. Do they realise they are using a turd to advertise electricity or are they simply saying "Buy your electricity from us and we'lll shit on you" ?!

The worst ever must be the latest bizarre offering from Money Supermaket.com. We've endured the black pimp with his whores, the dimwit going up in space, and the retard riding an elephant through Ne

it is such a shame to see Michael Parkinson prostituting himself promoting burial insurance for the elderly leveraging his own age.

Is he so hard up he needs the free pen.

... and the product is no more useful than a standard bank savings account.. and the insured could end up losing money.

I wonder how much of the fees these so called self loving, talentless, hypercritical, smarmy, tossers, that advertise these adverts begging for money, give to the product they are touting. these adverts all ways come on when you are sitting down for something ,to eat.. I think the first advert to hit the T.V screens was gibs sr tooth paste back in the 50s am I right,

"so called self loving" ...?? I think you are right about the toothpaste ad, though.

One that used to make me laugh was for cigars: The bloke drives into a car wash, puts his money in the machine, the machine starts & as he starts to wind his window up the winder handle snaps off. He then sits there with a smug look on his clock & lights a cigar & then gets soaked, then a song says "happiness is a cigar called hamlet!". Why didn't he put it in reverse & back out? The silly bu**er..

Gregor Fisher was excellent in those ads. I loved the one with the comb-over.

the 118 ads with those two morons with moustaches... Rob Brydons hairy armpits on a cruse ... just as I am about to eat

Whoever thinks that these ads will help?

Various other ads that draw attention to sweat, smell, diarroeah, periods, ear wax, Veruccas, babies bottoms, constipation, etc., ALL at meal times.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind Victoria Wood doing a voice over for Dyson or Martin Clunes for Which magazine.It's the tossers like Parkinson with ruddy insurances and Carol Vorderman flogging instant debts (before the crash)

It's tricky as far as credibility is concerned.

A lot depends on the 'makers' of the adverts.

Some of the classic 'funny' adverts from the past have actually enhanced some people's careers, but the kind of advert that you get now is so blatent and untrustworthy that it just makes them all look like money-grabbers.

Parkinson in that insurance advert is a good example.

Even Z-list celebrities exploit their limited appeal to the max. Remember when Linda Barker won one of those reality shows. She then went on to endorse every product ever made. ("With a not too-theateningly attactive assistent" - copyright Deadringers).

You couldn't get away from her.

Celebrity chefs are another prime example. Jamie Oliver endorsing anything and everything.

I remember walking into Homebase and seeing bags of 'Jamie Oliver' compost (!)

I think the art of advertising and subtle selling has been lost as far as TV goes.

It's all 'in your face'.

Celebs who sign up to these things really are selling their souls.

I think the one I dislike most at present is that featuring the bloke with huge buttocks getting out of a car and marching off down the road. I don't know what he is advertising because I switch him off before he gets to the point, whatever that is.

• Upvote 2

just watch an advert with a lizard running down the road chuntering to himself,, Whats a lizard got to do with a bloody bank,, is it me or them that's on another planet?

The Ad men must be all drug crazed coke heads. It's the only logical explanation!!!!!!

just watch an advert with a lizard running down the road chuntering to himself,, Whats a lizard got to do with a bloody bank,, is it me or them that's on another planet?

Judging by what's been revealed happening at HSBC, they don't just run the banks, but hide their assets (with help) in Swiss banks to avoid paying tax.

The Ad men must be all drug crazed coke heads. It's the only logical explanation!!!!!!

My ex was the director an ad agency (still is), having seen the 'profession' from the inside, I would add rip off, money grabbing, over charging, drunken, free meal and event scrounging, obnoxious, selfish, talentless, arseholes. Ab Fab got it just right.

• Upvote 1

o mub I gant teg by exabs all bunged up lige dis ,course you can Malcolm I hated that one and cant remember what it was for.

esso used to give away a small stuffed tigers tales when you bought some petrol,, used to hag it from the petrol filler cap ,so it looked like you had a tiger stuffed inside your tank, the hairs off the tail come off and contaminated your petrol and clogged up the bloody carburettas .Another free gift with petrol was those bullet hole stickers you put on your windscreen, they could look effective.

o mub I gant teg by exabs all bunged up lige dis ,course you can Malcolm I hated that one and cant remember what it was for.

You didn't hate it as much as I did. I was at school at the time and everyone thought it was highly amusing talking to me while squeezing their dozzes!