• 1 month later...

thanks for that creeky have just found exact date of my great grandfather death now just need date of birth of his second daughter annie who was born same quarter as he died

thank you all i know at the moment is that annie was born in the same quarter her father died my grandma her older sister was 3 at the time.her mother fanny annie and a younger half brother james lived in radford workhouse in 1801 cencus and at that time my grandmother ada not mentioned but by 1901 cencus they all living together in radford

• Upvote 1

piggy and babs .......

To help, would need full names and dates you have already found.

Quite understand that you may not wish to publish the details on open forum.

Don't know if there is a way round this?

Quite understand that you may not wish to publish the details on open forum.

Don't know if there is a way round this?

If you haven't discovered this feature yet........

click on the piggy and babs avatar in the post above;

on the left hand side you will then see PM this member;

that will enable you to send a private message to the person concerned.

thank you all i know at the moment is that annie was born in the same quarter her father died my grandma her older sister was 3 at the time.her mother fanny annie and a younger half brother james lived in radford workhouse in 1801 cencus and at that time my grandmother ada not mentioned but by 1901 cencus they all living together in radford

Hey there. Also doing my family tree at the moment and most of my family are from the Radford area. Would be interesting to see any correlations as I have seen the name Ada pop up a few times also :)

mellisa ada henshaw was my grand mother born heanor derbyshire but lived lea st radford 1901 of couse ada was a verry common name around this timefrom what i understand the henshaws had quite a few members of the family living in radford at the time, someof my clements family also lived in radford too around this time radford was a very crowded area in that time a lot of the sts were demolished in the 60s and new housing.radford still a heavily populated area but now a very diferent population than it used to be with the exception of a few remaining old families in the area. there are as i said a few people on this site who are interested in family history and most ofus come to brick walls sometimes and it can become a bit frustrating but keep chipping away at the wall and it will fall and sudenly things seem much clearer and easier to find the information to let you get further with your search.

have you been to nottingham archives they are very helpful too.

• Upvote 1

creeky thanks for your pm i have just replied as have been out most of the day

Hey again! Strangely enough all the info I've found so far links all my relatives to the Radford area and it's also where I still live. I've not been to the archives yet. Not 100% sure how to get there? But I do plan on it at some point! Have you been on the British Genealogy forum? They're very helpful in knocking down others brick walls!

its only 5 min walk from broad marsh near the court house by the canal neare canal st opposit the tax offices if you know were that is babs.. make notes of who you wise to look up take note book and pencil no pens allowed dose not open on a monday im sure you can find further info of opening hours on the web site

Melissa, you may know this already but.........

if you go to the Central Library in town you can have one hour free per week on the FindmyPast website to search all the online census returns. (1841-1911). I've spent hours in there because it's very addictive.

If you want more than one hour - or if you aren't a member - you pay £1.20 per hour.

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/familyhistory

• Upvote 1

another usefull tip i was given when i first went was before you go is make notes of names dates you know for sure startig from your parents grand paerents ect at your age you might find some a bit easier as they may still be alive and be happy to give you information ot there parents grand parents that they may remember sit down and talk to the older members of your family if you can tape or vidieo these convesation the next generations might be interested in this in the future i only wished i had done this with my parents when i was younger.

Thanks so much guys. I've been using the resources at the library Cliff Ton and have borrowed some books to read :D

And thanks for all the tips Piggy/Babs. Unfortunately all of my Grandparents have passed away. My Mother's parents died in '89 and '90 before I was born. However my Dad's father did an online family tree which I've managed to gain access too! He got back to 1830 so I'm lucky in that sense!

Hey again! Strangely enough all the info I've found so far links all my relatives to the Radford area and it's also where I still live. I've not been to the archives yet. Not 100% sure how to get there? But I do plan on it at some point! Have you been on the British Genealogy forum? They're very helpful in knocking down others brick walls!

Both my parents ancestry seems to be around Radford. Perhaps we are related LOL !