they were on sherbrooke rd,and were wholesale grocery and provision distributers,originaly owneb by Barry Gibson who lived at orston.i think they began as bacon suppliers then developed into grocery.i worked for them in the seventies in many roles,they also had a depot in moxley near birmingham and another in peterborough and i moved there for them in the 70s.they were suppliers to all the VG stores throughout the midlands.really great company to work for who must have employed a few hundred staff,would love to hear from any of them.i believe they were taken over in the 80s and eventually dissapeared from nottingham

• Upvote 1

thanks for that,he had that army captain air about him,once played cricket for his Gibsons x1 v orston,i bowled and took 0 for plenty and batted for 0,on leaving the ground he was drinking A PINK GIN and bade me farewell with BYE PAUL THANKS FOR NOTHING, :)

• 4 years later...
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2014 at 1:12 PM, benjamin1945 said:

they were on sherbrooke rd,and were wholesale grocery and provision distributers,originaly owneb by Barry Gibson who lived at orston.i think they began as bacon suppliers then developed into grocery.i worked for them in the seventies in many roles,they also had a depot in moxley near birmingham and another in peterborough and i moved there for them in the 70s.they were suppliers to all the VG stores throughout the midlands.really great company to work for who must have employed a few hundred staff,would love to hear from any of them.i believe they were taken over in the 80s and eventually dissapeared from nottingham

THIS the one Ron.......don't seem any ex Gibsons people on here

• 2 years later...