Did The Meadows flood in around 1964

You reet

I lived on Beauvale Road in the early 60's and have a memory of the house being flooded. As I was born in 1962 I can't imagine this event, if indeed it was an event, being before 1964. Is this just a confused memory or was there some flooding around then.

Thanks mi ducks

When we first came to Nottingham in early 1963, I lived in a flat @ 90 Holgate Road.

Went to Trent bridge School 63-68. Never remember Meadows flooding?

There were floods in 1947, but don't know how it effected the Meadows?

BTW. Welcome to Nottstalgia.

We had a bit of a flood but not from the Trent on Glapton Road (mid 60's I think). The grate had blocked up in the back yard & water came in the back door during a heavy thunderstorm. whipped the rugs up, put sofa & chairs on some bricks, not a lot of damage coz we didn't have much, had to chuck the lino away though, it was rainwater so didn't smell..

• Upvote 1

64 I lived on Kirke-White Street East and don't recall any flooding.

• 2 months later...

I remember the Trent overflowing in the mid sixties at Wilford and we could not go to school (Deering)for two days because the halfpenny bridge was closed

I don't recall the year, but when we first moved to Briar Street, that winter the Trent rose to the top of the embankment and destroyed the steps from almost Trent Bridge to the Toll Bridge, I'd hazard a guess around 1961ish.

The council had metal pilings driven, back filled and cast the new steps out of ready mix.