1950s - 60s tv

Oh Boy! Also by Jack Good.

Regulars Marty Wilde, Cliff Richard, Billy Fury and Dickie Pride also Cherry Wainer? and someone called Cuddly Dudley? Check it out on You Tube and study the facial expressions.

I would have been about 13/14 and have some recollection of playing the music on my brother's Phillips multi change player and using sister's hairbrush as a mike.

I listened to a tape recording of my singing, looked in the mirror and realised that I would be wise to choose a different career.

Cheyenne

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What made her say that you looked like Leo Sayer? Was it the white face paint or the clown outfit?

One of tmy best popular music programmes was Ready, Steady Go. A big fry up on a Friday evening. Watch RSG then on the bus to town..... The weekend has begun. Great days.

I can remember once when I was frozen and brought back to life. It was when I went to a Forest game in January.

I used to like Foo foo & Go go. I used to perv at Jenny Hanley on Magpie & Sally Ann Triplett on Crackejack, pwoar... We used to imitate Kiki the kangaroo off Tingha & Tucker. Did it in class to annoy the teacher at Trent Bridge & of course got the cane for it..

Davep5491,

Cherry Wainer was a SOuth African born Hammond Organist who played with Lord Rockinghams Eleven. (Hoots Mon!)

She moved to the USA and found some fame there performing in Las Vegas where she lived until her death in 2014.

Richard Green in tights as Robin Hood

Rodger Moore as Ivanhoe

William Russell as Sir Lancealot

Do you remember Janice Nicholls -"I'll give it foive but I won't boiy it". I saw her many years ago in Lewis's in Birmingham working - got her autograph!! She told the story about Ringo Starr signing his drum sticks for her anyway her Dad used them to stir a can of paint!!! Oh dear just think how much they would be worth today.

Best wishes

Peter

I used to be drooling over all those pretty girls on the box: Mam'd say "what makes you think they'd look at you?" It's true they wouldn't, I was 5'2 & skint, (I'm still 5'2 but not skint anymore) they went for tall rich guys.... I did go out with a really pretty girl but she only went out with me coz I looked like Leo Sayer, (she'd even call me 'Leo' at a certain time) all my mates were envious, it was a weird time in my life. :)

• Upvote 2

#62 Margie, Just come back on line, and seen your post I've been watching the programme on BBC4. Quite enjoyed it. The film you mentioned sounds familiar, I think I watched one quite a while ago about some one being frozen and brought back to life. It was probably the one you mentioned. Mel Gibson rings a bell.

• Upvote 1

Or a pan of lobbies.

My first wife originated from Wigan and her grandmother's cooking was first class. Her hot pot was made with proper neck of lamb.

Aln added benefit was bulk-buying from the pie factory down the road. :)

Rob. L #68

Reminds me of going to see Forest at Turf moor on bleak February winters day. It was snowing and we did the trip in a Triumph Mayflower with vacuum operated wipers, only an inch wide strip to see where you were going uphill and going so fast down hill you would think they would fly off. To top it all Forest lost 5-0

• Upvote 1