Yes we seem to have lost quite a few interesting posters of late,good to see your pictures back Ian

Rog

• Like 2
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of these are before the time of anyone here, but they sum up the atmosphere of the old Central Market. http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_incre

We live in wonderous times, looking at all these pics of people in Central Market, most of them knocking on a bit, i wonder how they would have reacted if you told them a person will be looking at you

Posted Images

Members come and go Rog. That's their choice.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

...... and regarding posts,  'interesting' is subjective.   Everyone has their own ideas of what is interesting, and that's actually how it should be.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, MargieH said:

...... and regarding posts,  'interesting' is subjective.   Everyone has their own ideas of what is interesting, and that's actually how it should be.

There’s thousands of ‘Old Nottingham’ ‘photos available on line for those who want to view them. I can’t see the point in monopolising this site with material that’s freely available to everyone.

• Like 6

Ah but a picture of a man serving mushy peas is just that, no more to be said. A picture of a wooden post however raises many interesting  points for discussion. Lets see; is it a post or a stake? maybe its a paling or even a pole. When  does a stake become a post and when does a post become a pole? These are things we should be told.

• Like 3

The thread ‘Boring Repetitive Posts’ achieved well over 100 appreciations from Nottstalgians who were getting incredibly bored with the content of the site.   It was clever, amusing and original.   The thread certainly cheered my day up and couldn’t wait to log on to see folks responses.  As Brew says, the chap selling mushy peas is just that.  Do we know if he is a Nottingham mushy peas seller?   

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

A pillar maybe?...timber or wood?

There you go! see, they are interesting!..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simple things amuse simple minds as me granny used to say  slywink

Rog,

ps: I thought that picture of the "post" was a pencil,shows how much notice I take of things

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Simple things amuse simple minds as me granny used to say  slywink

Totally agree Plantfit, and my Granny used to say that dumb folk are easily sucked in. 

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

Memories of travelling to school on Barton’s bus from Woodborough, carrying fresh strawberries to the market by the bus station. The smell on the bus still lingers in my memory!