Carltonlad

Central Market

I always said that if I was going to leave the UK I would go to BC. I have relatives from Nottingham who went to Edmonton and last year a woman who worked for us moved to Calgary with her husband and family.  However, I do like the South and Texas. I find the living is so much easier than the UK or the north. i once looked at a place on St Simons Island but thought better of it - it was just too laid-back  

• Like 1

Never lived in BC.  Often holidayed there when the kids were little.  Penticton, Flintstones village etc.. I know a lot of Brits likeVictoria, very English like.  Afternoon tea, double decker buses, foggy etc.. 

The south here in Ga is fairly laid back.  Still some racial undertones but not too bad.  Other than that most of the same shops and other businesses that we find in Canada.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, Cliff Ton said:

A bit of an enlargement on the mystery car. One identifying feature is the spare wheel on the boot lid.

jdKaMBT.jpg

Can't leave this unresolved.

I have it on good authority that it's a Triumph Gloria saloon.

• Like 1

Maybe but the double suicide doors and no sun roof make it an unusual variant if it is.

Triumph yes, don't think it's a Gloria, looks like a Dolomite to me.

3 hours ago, Willow wilson said:

Can't leave this unresolved.

I have it on good authority that it's a Triumph Gloria saloon.

Don't think it is a Gloria as the door handles are not right, the Gloria had its door handles on the leading edge of the front door and the rear edge of the rear door. I agree with TBI I think it is a Triumph Dolomite 13/60 from 1938 (picture from Wiki)

Image result for 1938 Triumph Dolomite

• Like 1

Since the radiator grille is not visible in the NS photo I'll have to give you that.

My suggestion was based on this less flamboyant model:fs_252_34_37_triumph_gloria_dolomite_six

Which ticks all the boxes but doesn't have the exotic Dolomite 'waterfall' radiator grille.

10 hours ago, TBI said:

looks like a Dolomite to me.

2 minutes ago, Willow wilson said:

Since the radiator grille is not visible in the NS photo I'll have to give you that.

TBI and WW, agreed, it could be either as we cannot see the radiator grill, but definitely a Dolomite

The good one's do Ian !

• Like 1