Where will my reply have gone

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Benjamin, Senokot might work!

How much has our Ben spent entertaining the ladies since he was old enough to notice that they existed?   There's a cracking PHD thesis for some academic who's looking for a challenge! Resea

#71   I think it was seen as a preventative measure, Loppy. My mum virtually brought up her sister's youngest child, Carole, who was born after her father died of heart failure. This meant m

At least half a dozen members have posted on this topic this afternoon and at no time has it appeared in Recent Posts.

I've been on nearly all afternoon and this topic has NOT appeared in Recent Posts.

I see from your settings, new posts only show 'Forums' Past two weeks' + 'What I participate in'

You wont see anything you don't post in. but you should see your latest post topics.

• 1 year later...

I have a little query, not a complaint. Sometimes in the old format when there was a problem with a post, if I clicked on a new reply box, a little blue/grey? edged window would open and say "Auto saved", and give the option of reinstating the words lost, sometimes only part of the text.

This morning I tried to add a post before I left Nottingham but the internet failed. When I got back on line and on "Hows your day" I realised that the little window with the option to get the post back was no longer there.

Does anyone know if it is still there but in a different format. I found it quite useful. :)

I think it is swings and roundabouts with the new format. With the old format I could never post meetings pictures into the dedicated thread. Now I can, and don't have to bother about clicking on an HTML code.

I didn't realise it wasn't there until this morning. I finished writing my post and tried to add a smiley. At this point I lost the internet for a few seconds, when I got back on, I had lost the lot. I will have to remember to keep saving as I go along.Just in case?

I had noticed that your pics were going on the Social thread Chulla. I find now that if I want to add a video or Link it is easier on our new NS. Now there's a plus.

One useful thing I've found about the new format (one of very few)...........

Try this and prove it to yourself.

Start to type a message in any reply box. Write at least a dozen words.

Don't post it (just leave it in mid-air) and go away to another thread.

Mess around for a few minutes.

Go back to the original thread where you part-typed a message.

Click in the reply box and your partial message will still be there.

Actually quite useful.

• Upvote 1

I have this site pinned to my phone in internet explorer not an app, I'm not signed in on my phone because I've never posted from it, I never updated the home page from when it changed servers, I now see all messages between members but only on my phone? Anyone else?   

• 5 months later...

Do we get a reply if we request summat as in ''reporting a post'' ? if so how,is it in the form of a PM  EDIT    Thanks Admin............got my answer

56 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

benjamin.....

I've just tried to PM you but I was told "you cannot receive messages".   

I think you need to have a clear out.

Thanks cliff-ton...........done it..........

4/6 Rog,...........same price as a gallon of Petrol or 20 Senior Service...........oh yes and a cointreau for a posh bird in the Salutation.......lol.

• Upvote 1

How much has our Ben spent entertaining the ladies since he was old enough to notice that they existed?

There's a cracking PHD thesis for some academic who's looking for a challenge! Research will be easy cos he's kept diaries with price lists, etc! So, primary sources thrown in. Sounds like a doddle to me!  ;)

• Upvote 3

I think it was seen as a preventative measure, Loppy. My mum virtually brought up her sister's youngest child, Carole, who was born after her father died of heart failure. This meant my auntie Edna had to work full time and Carole was delivered to our house early each morning. There was no child care provision in those days!! Carole was a year older than I and always crying! Mardy little thing and very spoiled. She was always constipated too as her mother didn't have time to wait in the mornings...three other children to get to school. So, by the time we got Carole, she was howling because she needed the toilet but couldn't go. Out came the syrup of figs and I got dosed for good measure. We were all thankful when Carole went to the Whitemoor Day nursery but, in those days, children had to be almost school age with extenuating circumstances such as the death of one parent, meaning the other one needed to work full time. No benefits then!  How times have changed.

• Upvote 2

Thinking about it, Edna worked in catering, so did some long hours, often until late at night. She worked at the  Commodore and also regularly went on trips to various outside events, motor racing, etc, providing catering and silver service. At one such event, she met Clark Gable who, apparently, took a shine to her. Auntie Edna was a 'looker' who always drew a lot of male interest! She wasn't impressed with Mr Gable though!

And.........''Frankly my dear he did'nt give a damn''........................lol.................my Mam loved Clarke Gable........