Software City Mansfield Road

23 minutes ago, AfferGorritt said:

Sorry, senior moment. Mike Long’s shop, when I used to frequent it, was on DERBY Road, opposite, and just up from the Cathedral. Antique japanese swords are worth thousands. They are still being forged by expert smiths in Japan, but they usually go into the safes of rich business men as an investment. At one point I was quite “into” the subject. I went down to the V&A which had some beautiful examples, but it put me off a bit when I realised I would never be able to afford anything like those. Post hijack over! 

sounds to me then that £15 off for a japanese sword is actually poor - though it is more like £50 today still peanuts

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Indeed @Brewthat's the former pub The Nags Head, three posts up, do keep up :crazy:

Sorry RR, I failed my 'O' level mind reading..  

1 hour ago, denshaw said:

I think there were 2 pubs on Mansfield Road around that area, one called The Nags head and one called The old grey nags head. There was another one nearby, The Criterion?

The Criterion was apparently this building (the section with the loft conversion) which has now been converted to...guess what.   https://goo.gl/maps/CoCxdTiEmoRvo1vN7

And I believe that the Old Grey Nag's Head is what is now the Lincolnshire Poacher.