Annoying Habits ( of people )

Having been in Security most of my working life and not been muscle bound ive mostly used that method Tomlinson,mind you its not always worked... :faint:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australians ,well kind of australians who claim to have everything ,but unfortunately the one thing they dont have is nottingham ,is that why they come home everyday ,or is it they relate to jeremy ky

Some people just have the annoying habit of opening mouth and inserting foot before thinking!

I'd like to state how annoyed I am at the annoying people who complain about people who annoy them. It's very annoying and I wish that these annoying people would stop annoying me.

• 2 years later...

What's all this hugging malarkey between blokes all about? I was walking down Hoylake Crescent today this bloke was swinging pallet full of bricks off this great big lorry with a crain I stopped to let him finish he took his gloves off walked over shouted "Oi CRAGGY" & gave me a big hug I didn't have the heart to ask who he was? 

I like friendly hugging..... women, men, family (of course) cats, dogs, donkeys on Skeggy beach etc 

Why should men be different?  If you  choose to give another man a friendly hug, so what.....it's just a greeting.  

• Upvote 5

Must admit Margie Hugging was not a done thing between men back in the day,.........but now when looking back wish i'd hugged my Dad,Uncles and Grandads.......i do hug my sons,especially the ones i don't see often and always my Grandsons they expect it.

Ive mentioned before one of the jobs i do is dealing with people of many nationalities and their kids,well the look of pleasure on their faces to see and hear a white Englishman bid them bye in their language coupled with an 'High five' is a sight to behold........think we can all learn from each other,.....and keep changing our habits for the sake of humanity..............

• Upvote 5

Hugging , its a usual greeting accompanied by a kiss on each cheek even between men. Its a nice gesture. It would seem strange here if it disappeared.

• Upvote 2

I don't give much for the chances of the first man who kisses me. I am still strongly in the belief that I grew up to respect, man associates with woman. Thanks to the do gooders the status quo is in tatters and we don't need any more foreign habits thank you.

• Upvote 1

We are all foreigners arent  we and have foreign habits. It would be a dull world doing what everyone else is doing. Wonder what other countries think of the Brits habits. Could be interesting!

• Upvote 2

I assume that they think we're snooty, straight laced, inhibited, prim & proper and shy.

I gather Woody your'e talking about Homosexuals...........i;m sure foreigners that kiss on the cheek are not ,.......to them its just a nice greeting as nonna says,.................we English tend to be more stand-offish on such things........but don't think its owt to do with our sexuality.........

• Upvote 3

Nonna, I hope they don't think we're all chavs, hooligans and drunken illiterates !

In this day of cleaner air and cleaner industries, I'm amazed that you still see men not blowing their noses on a handkerchief and just sniffing up the contents of their nasal passages and then spitting the said contents anywhere that suits them. 

It is a truly disgusting and unhealthy habit, and is unnecessary now that mining is non existent and they are not inhaling coal dust. 

I see it regularly in such places as Bulwell and Arnold especially.

I have had a clean white cotton hanky (sorry Ben, no silk) every day of my life virtually, and wouldn't dream of such actions.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I think this should also be in 'fings not seen anymore' I've not seen anyone using a cotton hanky for years? I would say most folk use a disposable tissue? Far more hygienic. Also do these snotty hankies get washed in the washer with your other clothes? I have seen the increase in blocking one nostril with your thumb & forcing it out the other nostril, often used by footballers, I believe this skill is going to take some practice. 

RR, how on earth can a person, especially a man, as we don't carry handbags (well not real men) make one or two tissues last all day ? 

Also, as I rarely get a cold, the hankies are not always snotty. I use it for wiping my hands if if come into contact with anything wet or sticky, wiping my mouth if needed. Yes of course they go in the wash as normal. No one these days has a galvanised bucket boiling away on the stove full of disgusting things as was the norm in the 40's and 50's.

As for the footballers revolting habit...... Well its bordering in criminality ! 

I Would prosecute anyone for 'Spitting' Swearing' or breaking wind on purpose in Public............as for Hankies,i use tissues all the time always got a good supply in my pocket.........could'nt possibly use my 'Silk' ones for blowing my nose,....sometimes clean my glasses with em though...........and very seldom get my hands dirty.............lol.

• Upvote 2

Ah Michael Paling aka Arthur Puty,many years ago I worked with a guy who always wore a knotted hanky on his head,always had a clean washed one every Monday,lasted all week,remember that advert cartoon charactor with his oversized wife sitting in deckchairs,she was eating/licking an ice cream he was looking at a "sailing dinjy".I'm sure you can find the link for that CT

Rog

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

I Would prosecute anyone for 'Spitting' Swearing' or breaking wind on purpose in Public............as for Hankies,i use tissues all the time always got a good supply in my pocket.........could'nt possibly use my 'Silk' ones for blowing my nose,....sometimes clean my glasses with em though...........and very seldom get my hands dirty.............lol.

When play bowls with little Norman when he delivered the bowl it would be put/put/put from his back end, not sure if he knew, as he never said anything, he was in his 90s and now has passed away, but I'm sure we can forgive him don't you agree Benjamin 1945.

• Upvote 1

Bless him Mary...........he would be exempt..............good job he did'nt do weight lifting..............lol.

Or was a contortionist !

I always thought that when you get to a certain age you could never trust a "put/put/put"

Rog

• Upvote 2