Annoying Habits ( of people )

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australians ,well kind of australians who claim to have everything ,but unfortunately the one thing they dont have is nottingham ,is that why they come home everyday ,or is it they relate to jeremy ky

Some people just have the annoying habit of opening mouth and inserting foot before thinking!

I'd like to state how annoyed I am at the annoying people who complain about people who annoy them. It's very annoying and I wish that these annoying people would stop annoying me.

I'm amazed that so many folk have not heard of Ormin' abaht, I thought it was a common piece of Nottinghamese !!

It does not mean just lounging around, that gives the idea of a civilised, rather Noel Coward type of relaxation, whereas Orming portrays lounging in a very slovenly loose limbed manner !! If I was ever bored as a kid and was just "slopping" around in an aimless way, that would have been classed by mum as orming, it is not a flattering description. Harry Enfield as Kevin ormed about.

Hope that helps out with the phrase and agreed upon by we select few who have had the ability to orm !!

• Upvote 2

From posts regarding ORMING I tend to think its origins are more Bulwell area?

Just caught a No 17 bus back to Bulwell & a youth with his feet on the back seats. Do you sit at home with your bleeding feet on your mam's three piece suite says I ? No he said and quickly shifted them of the seats. Does anyone give a toss any more ?

• Upvote 1

Commo,

Your description of "Orming" was spot on. I gave the impression on #98 it meant lounging about, and those of us who have at times "Ormed" Know that it is more to do with the way a person moves around "Sloppily" and aimlessly. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've not heard this term before, however my mother always told me to stop slorming about, which I interpreted to mean slovenly.

That's me Commo, recumbent .

America I'll be bound.

Orming about was a common description of me and my cousin as kids, when bored and aimless. Slorming - I'm not so sure about, but a chap I used to see on the train (came from Grantham) used it of young couples who were "slorming all over each other" in public. (I thought of it as a cross between orming and slobbering!)

1) ORM - http://www.orm.net/ Object Role Modelling. Beyond me even after trying to read it?

2) ORM - Object-relational mapping in computer software is a programming technique for converting data between incompatible type systems in object-oriented programming languages. This creates, in effect, a "virtual object database" that can be used from within the programming language. There are both free and commercial packages available that perform object-relational mapping, although some programmers opt to create their own ORM tools.

Well of course we all knew that....

Not the ORM referred to here I'm sure. Hehe!

Stop it Gerry, there's enough computer experts on here without you joining in.

Stop it Gerry, there's enough computer experts on here without you joining in.

Expert? Me? No! I vehemently deny it!

Hehehe.

Computers, along with deep water and women, don't half scare me!

My mum used the words "stop slormin about" too .

Dictionary definition of slorm is "to wipe carelessly" ! :)

Tight underpants has that effect on me.

• Upvote 1