Annoying Habits ( of people )

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australians ,well kind of australians who claim to have everything ,but unfortunately the one thing they dont have is nottingham ,is that why they come home everyday ,or is it they relate to jeremy ky

Some people just have the annoying habit of opening mouth and inserting foot before thinking!

I'd like to state how annoyed I am at the annoying people who complain about people who annoy them. It's very annoying and I wish that these annoying people would stop annoying me.

No Benjamin, I am not talking of people of the opposite persuasion. If that is what they want , then it is their business. The point I am making is that standards of behaviour in public have dropped thanks to the softly softly brigade who believe people should not show restraint. What goes on behind closed doors is one thing, in public is totally a different case.

• Upvote 3

Well said, Woody. I agree totally. I would never dream of behaving in public the way some people do. It seems that many people today believe their private lives are of intense interest to everyone else. Hence we are subjected to their inane and continual mobile phone conversations, not to mention their stomach heaving displays of physical grappling! In the middle of Sainsburys? Yuk! I couldn't give a toss what people do in the privacy of their own homes but, where I can see them, no thank you!  :angry:

• Upvote 1

Fly2, radfordred and Ben,

I posted this one a couple of years ago it fits your discussions. I think it is one of Spike Milligan's limericks

There was an old man from Darjeeling

Who boarded a bus bound for Ealing

The sign on the door said

Don't spit on the floor

So he sat and he spat on the ceiling

• Upvote 1

Utterly despicable actions.

When I read the last post on this thread I thought it was talking about nose pickings. Back in the 1980s when smoking was allowed in public places mum and I had lunch in a department store cafe in Bradford. It was busy and people were sharing tables. We chose the no smoking area. At the next table was an elderly couple and a woman came and sat down at the table opposite them. She moved the no smoking sign to our table and lit up. I handed the notice back saying that we already had one on our table. She got up and moved. Then the next person to come and sit opposite this couple at the table spent time picking her nose! I felt so sorry for the elderly couple having to see that as they were eating. 

When shopping the other day, I stopped  to look which wine I wanted, this bloke, trolley as well, just walked straight in front of me I  could not help myself, I just said "excuse me" "sir am I in your way"? this ignorant chap did not reply.

Another thing that get's my back up is when you are waiting to be served at the bar, it always seems  to be the men that get served, so my next comment is "tell me have I gone invisible"  now I'm not have a go at you men, but standing at the bar the barman ask what I my order was, now a gent was waiting before me, so I pointed this man out to the barman, the said man was served, left with his pint. Another man had come up to be served and the barman ask what he wanted. just a minuet I said, "is there a problem" the man said? to darn right there's a problem "ME NEXT"  I'm sorry but I do think it's rude when I have been stood, here standing, for about half an hour.

In a local pub queueing at the bar a small bloke in front of me was being ignored...the landlord looked at me and said..."Yes sir"

I said..."I think this chap was before me"...his reply..."Look mate I'll do the serving, you do the drinking,alright!"

My reply in a loud voice..."You can stuff your drinks and your pub right up your ****never went in again.

• Upvote 3

If we're on the subject of annoying people in pubs and bars..........

Irritating, ignorant idiots who sit drinking at the bar and make it almost impossible for anyone else to approach the bar and order a drink. You have to force your way in between a couple of "real drinkers" who are cleverly sitting in everyone else's way.  I don't understand how the bar-sitters don't get fed up at constantly having to move aside to let people get to the bar.

• Upvote 2

I'm glad someone else dislikes bar proper ups too ! Really gets me when drinkers stand at the bar & prevent other drinkers from getting served. Also while we are at it, dopey bar staff who serve out of sequence, the times I have stood at a bar & someone who walks up to the bar gets served first.

I do protest everytime.

Passengers boarding a bus who decide to fiddle through pockets, bags etc to find the fare / travel pass etc. Standing for a few minutes waiting for the bus & they don't have the sense to be prepared for when the bus arrives.

Same can be said at cash points, shuffling through bags etc to find their card GRRRRRRRR.

• Upvote 1

Having worked & ran possibly one of the busiest bar in Nottingham our pumps where made specially so we could serve a pint of beer in 12 seconds I believe its the barman or maids job to be aware who next to be served & not to be bullied into going out of order,  regarding barflys knock their drink over that moves the fcukers, I would say the back bar in The Bell is the worse bar in Nottingham for getting served & also for barflys it's been like that for over 30 years, strangely I spent most of yesterday in there & Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

Old lady trying to get on a bus, if I hadn't kicked her sticks away the bugger would have beat me getting on...

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Pixie Lott does it on 'The Voice Kids'. It's just to be noticed and look trendy and knowledgeable. 

• 3 years later...

The purple ones...

Always seem to be first dibs, don't think the selection was what it used to be.

Black Magic, which was my Granny's favourite the same...

She liked Advor.? Sp, yellow drink, does it still exist?

That's the stuff. Never tried it. Didn't fancy it somehow.

My grandma, Kate, was partial to port at Christmas. Unfortunately, she had no head for alcohol and after a couple of sips, her nose turned bright red which was the family's cue to start singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer!  Mostly, Kate failed to see the funny side and Kate was not someone it was wise to annoy, even at Christmas.

• Like 2

My Grandma (maternal) loved the stuff.....her bottom lip used to go stiff...and we'd all laugh and tell her,,,then she would get proper nasty telling us all to F off.....which was very funny because otherwise she never swore     God Bless Her  

• Like 1

Every Christmas, grandma Kate made a Christmas cake. Unlike her eldest daughter, my Auntie Mary, who made cakes professionally, Kate was pretty useless at it...just like me!  This lack of ability was not allowed to deter grandma Kate who, every Festering Season could be relied upon to produce a solid mass of totally inedible material with a dip in the centre, cunningly concealed with icing.

"Want some Christmas cake?" she would enquire of my father when we called just before the big day to take gifts.

"No thanks," was his stock response.

Kate would then loom menacingly over him with her infamous carving knife and demand, "WHY don't you want any?"

Dad would then explain that he didn't want any because it was inedible, gave him indigestion and he didn't think it was fair to give it to the birds because the poor bu99ers would have to walk home!

"You can't make cake," he'd persist. You're too heavy handed."

"You'll think so," Kate snarled, clenching her first, "when you get one of the bu99ers in your ear!"

Dad only got away with this because he was Kate's favourite child and they'd been trading insults since the day he was born. It was their way of showing affection! :blink:

He escaped the Christmas cake but I had to eat it. I daren't refuse.

As a cook, Kate was pretty hopeless apart from flaky pastry. That needs a lot of thumping and bashing which was right up her street.