Any photographs (Teachers or Pupils) of Highbury Junior school - 1964 to demolition.

I have been trying to find some photographs or memories of Highbury Junior school. I went there from Cantrall Rd school (can't even remember how long for but I remember going back to Cantrall prior to going to senior school) I know the school was subsequently demolished as was the Highbury senior school, which you had to pass to get to the junior.

I remember there were two old air raid shelters in the playground and you could actually go into a narrow section of each on the right hand side and stories used to go around that there was a dead German in the main part (actually I might have started those stories lol). There were awful outside loo's and a separate building across from the main school classrooms where dinners were had and also a room beyond the dinner area where we used to go and watch a tv program one morning a week.

My recollection of the classrooms in the other building were that they were arranged in a hexagon (or however many sides there were) around a central area.

It wasn't a great place to be in the winter as it was a little dark and miserable like the general area it was in and there were old factories with broken windows nearby. In the summer it wasn't so bad but the main drawback was that there was no grass. (we were too young to smoke in those days anyway)

I would love to hear anybody else's recollections of that school. and more than anything any photographs that might exist.

I was at Highbury schools from 1947 to 1953, Firstly in the Infants school, the smaller building nearest to Albert Street, then in the Junior school, in the ground floor of the building nearest ? Northcote Street. I the escaped to High Pavement.

My recollection of the infants school is that the hall was oblong with the classrooms off it on three sides. The factory was still working, it was a tannery and had a loud steam whistle that signaled the shifts.