Are you watching the TV... Or is it watching you?

Welcome to 1984, a bit late. I hate advertising with a passion. If I want something I will research and buy it. I have pretty much given up on television any way. I am tired of corporate entities shoving their junk down my throat. News that is just celebrity trivia. Just heard that the IPad/I phone has a security flaw so I go to see if I can download a patch for my IPad. No, can't do that got to instal OS 7. So I read up online about it and many say it has messed up their wifi etc. first and last Apple product I'll buy. Sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of it and I will not play their silly games. I've got nothing to hide, just don't want stuff spying on my private life.

• Upvote 1

Mine will have a job, although it's a Westinghouse, it's not coupled to either an antenna or internet, plus I don't watch TV programming with adverts other than HULU now and again, NO, the TV isn't connected to the internet, but gets streaming shows fed to it from an internet device...LOL

I get really annoyed with 'good deal' ads on my mobile messages. If my landline rings and shows either 'Withheld' or 'Unavailable', I don't answer it. If it's important then they'll leave a message on the answerphone. As for mick2me's post, I'm not surprised what they can do nowadays as technology advances so rapidly.

I ain't not gorra TV.

This year, after a period of about 18 years, me bruvva-in-law Pete, went wimme to get a set - an' he installed a freeview thingamigig.

But it kept swithin' ittsen off?

I tried to read the manual, but the print is a bit small fer me - then I gorra leaflet Tellin' me to phone a number if I was havin' bovva with a freeview box? From g4 whatever that is.

I tried this, but could not hear whoever was on the line.

I gave up - too much hassle.

When... or I should say IF, I ever get ensconced in sheltered housing, I'll try again.

Tsk!