Heathrow to East midlands

I just priced a flight to Heathrow & back to East Midlands airport 101miles

$486

I can fly to Miami from San Francisco return for less 3,200 miles .

We fly from LHR several times a year and while we've lived in Nottingham for the last almost 10 years there's never been a flight from EMA to LHR. It's either drive or National Express bus, probably costing around £40 return (I haven't used it for 3 or 4 years so not sure of cost) You can fly from Heathrow to Manchester and Newcastle but that would be of no benefit.

Oh and obviously another alternative would be the train up to Nottm, if you can be bothered humping bags from Heathrow Express, to taxi or underground train, to St Pancras and onwards. Much easier on t'bus. If you have a morning flight back to the States then there isn't a train departing Nottm early enough to get you to LHR in time.

There is bus that runs from EMA to Friar Lane Nottingham

East Midlands Airport : Nottingham Skylink

www.eastmidlandsairport.com › Home › To/FromAirport › Bus‎
If you are travelling to and from Nottingham, take the high quality 24 hour ... fromNottingham Broadmarsh Bus Station, Bay 1 and also stops at Friar Lane

Whenever I fly into the UK now I always fly to Manchester, I know not much use to Dgbrit, but from Australia its always cheaper due to less security and ground costs to the airline than Heathrow.

Also Manchester is easy as to get to and from Nottingham, whether train, bus or car, but I usually factor in a hire car at the airport, again if booked online from oz (don't know about the u.s. though) can be very reasonable, my last trip I had a brand new Fiesta for 27days for a cost of $800 AU. all up. Manchester pickup and drop off.

On a previous visit via Heathrow, a few years earlier, I had to stay in a motel near HR as my outbound flight was an awkward time to get there from Nottm, and the room alone cost me nearly $200au with no breakfast !

• Upvote 1

Just realised, (we need a correction facility here)in my previous message, that should have read $800au for car hire !

I have just this morning been checking flights and car hire for June this year and the car hire is even cheaper now for 28 days, less than $600au !

Banjo......when you said $AUD1800.00 rental costs for a month, it reinforced my thoughts that if you are going to be over there for up to 3 months (including France); you would be better off buying a car and when finished, let a trusted friend sell it for you.

I like my comfort and being 6' 3", 18+ stone with a wife and luggage in tow; I think we might need something a bit bigger than a Fiesta when touring around. slywink I do like my leg room!

• Upvote 1

if you comming to nottingham derek dont forget thursday night bike night at the whitehart we are usually thereso please pop in and see us if you get the chance. and if you comming to east midlands and need a lift to nottingham let us know we owe you a favour for daves ace ring.