Hi everyone

well im new here suppose i better introduce myself a little

my Names Stephen

was Born and Bred in st anns.... 12 Alfred street south. from 1962 to 1970

went to blue bell hill school. Then the New Huntingdon junior school St Anns

Then on to Manvers Pierrepont Carlton Road.

stumbled across this site by shear luck

having a good read already many memories have been flooding back , ive a real good memory back then when i was a kid,

not so much now with modern day life !

Have a Good Day Folks.

Hi Stevie

I was at Blue Bell Hill school until I left, aged 11, in summer 1961, so I just missed you. I expect some of the same teachers were still there in your time - headmaster Mr. Leigh? My last year I was taught by Mr Lowe.

Somewhere else on this site you'll find one or two memories of the school, including a class photo I posted taken in 1960.

Thanks everyone ! Merthyr imp. As regards teachers at blue bell hill i can only remember 1 Mr Gibbey was his name ! I think he was the head master . As im having a guess here . I left about 1970 -71 when the bulldozers were about . I was aged 8 - 9 then went to huntingdon junior school .

Thanks everyone ! Merthyr imp. As regards teachers at blue bell hill i can only remember 1 Mr Gibbey was his name ! I think he was the head master . As im having a guess here . I left about 1970 -71 when the bulldozers were about . I was aged 8 - 9 then went to huntingdon junior school .

Sorry - I thought you meant you were at Blue Bell Hill from 1962. You were well after my time then!

• 3 months later...

Hi

I too lived on alfred st south at no 101 at about the time you mention.We lived at a shop called W Hodson selling furniture & TVs- opposite Perrins chemist near Agers greengrocers & the Post Office.Does it ring any bells?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I've just spotted a George Johnson, living in Lincolnshire registering as a member.

Are you George 'Johnnie' Johnson, bomb aimer with 617  Squadron, by any chance? Long shot (no pun intended) but if so, this site is honoured to have you as a member.

If not, a warm welcome all the same. We look forward to sharing your memories.

And Jill's post prompted me to look at all the people who've registered here over the years with the name George XXXXX.

There are 10 others; 7 never made a post or returned after the day they registered.

I hope the new George - famous or not - turns out to be an exception to the rule.

Just me getting excited, CT. The Dams Raids have always been a particular interest of mine. I think that particular George Johnson is now the only surviving crew member and I believe he's domiciled in Lincolnshire.  We would be honoured indeed!